Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4bvns$1kf32$1@dont-email.me>

From: Malcolm McLean <malcolm.arthur.mclean@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: Running an editor from ANSI C
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 12:10:52 +0100
 <v3r7v8$1b57j$1@dont-email.me> <v3rek5$1c4i5$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3rrtm$1e6g8$1@dont-email.me> <v3ru84$1eafb$1@dont-email.me>
 <87o78dzw1a.fsf@nosuchdomain.example.com> <v3tkmb$1o860$3@dont-email.me>
 <v3uk0l$20s0s$2@dont-email.me> <v3uoeo$21g4g$5@dont-email.me>
 <v3v6jt$23q0b$2@dont-email.me> <v3vk3m$265uv$1@dont-email.me>
 <v44itr$3jn4i$1@dont-email.me> <v46o75$dnnu$1@dont-email.me>
 <v46qj9$e4lf$1@dont-email.me> <v46uha$fj5k$1@dont-email.me>
 <v47c92$hv04$1@dont-email.me> <v4bl16$1ieto$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4bton$2vgg$1@news.gegeweb.eu>

On 12/06/2024 11:37, tTh wrote:
> On 6/12/24 10:08, Malcolm McLean wrote:
>
>>> I'd expect to run ksh commands from within ksh, bash commands from
>>> within bash, etc.
>>>
>>> I wouldn't expect a filesystem to be part of the shell at all.
>>>

>> You'd expect to have a FileSystem file, and to type in at your ksh orz
>> zsh, cd "myfilesysyem.xml" and for ksh to mount it. But of course ksh
>> can't do that, because it doesn't recognise that format.
>
>     Unless someone writes a module for fuse that allows this kind
>     of manipulation.
>
>     I've already come across this kind of thing, which made it
>     possible to read images from floppy disks of old systems.

I'd be interested in doing that. And may thnaks to David Brown for
mentining that this isnpossible. However it wouldn't be part of Baby X.

I had a quick look at the fuse webite, and I couldn't for the life of me
work out how to write a short fuse script to mount such a simple
directory structure as a FileSystem XML file.

I'm sure it's possible and not too hard to do. But it's the sort of
thing people do for money.

--
Check out my hobby project.
http://malcolmmclean.github.io/babyxrc