Article <v4cetl$1huma$1@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4cetl$1huma$1@solani.org>

From: nobody@nowhere.invalid (Marc Olschok)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: tar problem
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 15:29:57 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: Marc <marc@komet.home.org>

On Sun, 09 Jun 2024 16:36:49 db wrote:
> I like to make life easy so I wrote a one-line script
> for extracting the contents of a tar file. I copied it
> into the /bin directory so I can run it from anywhere.

This is not really adressing your original question, but
since you want to make life easy, did you consider to have
tarx as alias for 'tar -xf' instead of a shell-script?

Also I wonder if the version of tar you are using really
recognizes gzipped files and inserts the -z option even
if it is not invoked with it.

--
M.O.