Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4d6b6$1rj1d$3@dont-email.me>

From: Alan Browne <singularity@blackhole.org>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Finally iOS 18 will be able to schedule messages
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 18:09:42 -0400

On 2024-06-12 17:51, Chris wrote:
> Alan Browne <singularity@blackhole.org> wrote:

>> in the future.  But I suppose the "fire and forget" nature of it might
>> be useful.
>>
>> Hmm ... might be some neat pranks I could pull.  Need to test that.
>
> I guess it depends on how the messages are "cached". If they're only stored
> on your phone and then your phone is off or in airplane mode at the
> scheduled time, then that is not very useful.
>
> I regularly use schedule send for emails for when I'm working in the
> evenings. Not sure it's something I'll use often for texts.

Valid point that I'd put as almost edge case.

But it does make me wonder if the scheduled message is stored and sent
from the (say) phone, or if it is stored and sent from an Apple server.
Not sure if the keynote made that clear.

Easy enough to test.  Send a delayed text, then turn off the phone for
the time that the message should be sent...

--
"It would be a measureless disaster if Russian barbarism overlaid
  the culture and independence of the ancient States of Europe."