Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4d7rl$1rvjk$1@dont-email.me>

From: Don Y <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: LCD (large -- TV-ish) monitors with SOLID front surface?
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 15:34:47 -0700

On 6/12/2024 8:13 AM, Don Y wrote:
> On 6/12/2024 2:22 AM, Jasen Betts wrote:
>>> Are there any offerings where this might NOT be the case?
>>
>> It sounds like you want to put a glass screen protector on the front
>> of a regular monitor (the front of a regular LCD monitor is the plastic
>> polariser)
>
> That might work.  Glass or Lexan.  It would have to stand up to the
> (slight) abrasion of the "invisible marker pen" (Lexan seems to scratch
> even when you think you aren't using anything abrasive; glass might be
> problematic at that large size).
>
> Fastening it to the monitor would be a challenge, though.

I tried setting a (undersized) sheet of 1/4" lexan on a monitor, here.
It bears up to the weight (force) but makes writing a bit less natural;
parallax makes the "ink's" appearance seem to be in the wrong place
wrt the pen's tip.  You'd have to stand more directly behind the pen
(instead of to the left or right of it, based on handedness).

Maybe I can find something thinner yet still rigid enough to avoid
flexing over such a large distance.  Perhaps tempered/safety glass?