Article <v4dg4v$3qbnd$3@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4dg4v$3qbnd$3@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory
Subject: Re: Truthmaker Maximalism and undecidable decision problems
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 20:57:02 -0400
 <v44r29$3egpa$5@i2pn2.org> <v44rd0$3m841$2@dont-email.me>
 <v44sa5$3egpa$10@i2pn2.org> <v44suh$3m841$4@dont-email.me>
 <v44toi$3egp9$13@i2pn2.org> <v44ujh$3m841$6@dont-email.me>
 <v4508h$3egpa$11@i2pn2.org> <v45pfb$3ph0$1@dont-email.me>
 <v45q1d$3h641$7@i2pn2.org> <v45qvp$41qf$1@dont-email.me>
 <v46na2$3ifov$2@i2pn2.org> <v478g9$hcgj$1@dont-email.me>
 <v48gh2$3kcoe$2@i2pn2.org> <v4a1jk$15ems$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4am8g$3n8ob$1@i2pn2.org> <v4aufn$1apao$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4b1gd$3nf9m$8@i2pn2.org> <v4b2sa$1f89t$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4b32m$3nf9m$10@i2pn2.org> <v4b45c$1f89t$3@dont-email.me>
 <v4c12p$3oop0$2@i2pn2.org> <v4cfhu$1nhr0$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4dc5j$3qbnc$5@i2pn2.org> <v4dfdo$1te0b$2@dont-email.me>

On 6/12/24 8:44 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/12/2024 6:49 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Where did I ever say that I am restricting this to physical things?
>>> Truth itself is a pure mental abstraction.
>>>

>> How many times did you reference "Physical" in this statement from above?
>>

>>> The universe is all of space and time[a] and their contents.
>>> It comprises all of existence, any fundamental interaction, physical
>>> process and physical constant, and therefore all forms of energy and
>>> matter, and the structures they form, from sub-atomic particles to
>>> entire galactic filaments. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe
>>>
>>> AKA *EVERYTHING* Duh !
>>>

>> What in that refers to anything not related to physical objects and
>> their interactions?
>>
>> Where do "Natural Numbers" fit in there?
>>

> In other words you are trying to get away with saying that the
> concept and definition of natural number is not in the set of
> all things thus has no existence what-s-ever thus you never
> asked that question.

Nope. The concept and definition of natural numbers exist, but doesn't
derive from any part of the "universe".

Note, they don't "exist" as a substance, only as a concept, and the
universe is substance.

> https://liarparadox.org/GodsPlan.gif
> The fourth and sixth step of the above tree divides
> reality into physical existence and conceptual existence.

And why do you think that is the actual order things happened?

And what does that have to do with your claim that Natural Numbers exist
in the universe.