Article <v4diet$3qbnc$7@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4diet$3qbnc$7@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: D correctly simulated by H proved for THREE YEARS --- rewritten
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 21:36:29 -0400
 <v48be9$rgsh$1@dont-email.me> <v48gh6$3kcoe$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v48jv2$se9c$1@dont-email.me> <v49dge$3kcoe$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v4a0hs$157ic$3@dont-email.me> <v4ak5o$3kcoe$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v4am8r$19edk$1@dont-email.me> <v4b17k$3nf9n$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v4b48k$1f89t$4@dont-email.me> <v4c12t$3oop0$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v4ck2c$1o4b4$2@dont-email.me> <v4d9gt$3qbnc$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v4daoq$1sioe$2@dont-email.me> <v4dbun$3qbnc$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v4df07$1te0b$1@dont-email.me> <v4dfsu$3qbnd$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dhuk$1tsdf$3@dont-email.me>

On 6/12/24 9:27 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/12/2024 7:52 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> *H is not even being asked that question*
>>
>> So, H ian't a Halt Decider?
>>
>> Because the question being asked of *ALL* halt deciders, is "Does the
>> machine/input described by its input halt when it is run?"
>>

> THAT IS THE QUESTION THAT IS ASSUMED.
> THAT IS NOT THE QUESTION THAT IS BEING ASKED.

How do you say that?

Do you not understand the meaning of the words "Halt Decider"?

> H must derive the question that it is being asked by computing
> the mapping from its finite string input to the behavior specified
> by this finite string input.

So, Definitions don't mean anything?

I guess they don't to LIARS.

And your whole idea that truth comes out of the meaning of the words is
just a LIE to you.

> When it does this it does not end up with the behavior
> of the directly executed D(D).

Which just means it fails to do what it must to be a Halt decider.

>>> H is being asked about the behavior that its finite string
>>> inputs maps to via a set of finite string transformation rules.
>>
>> Nope, Where do you get that from?
>>

> H computes the mapping.
> H does not read your mind to see what you expect.

No, but the programmer who claims that H is a Halt decider was
responsible for knowing the defintion of the problem before saying he
had a solution.

> When H(D,D) computes the mapping FROM ITS FINITE STRING INPUT
> IT CANNOT POSSIBLY GET TO THE BEHAVIOR OF THE DIRECTLY EXECUTED D(D)

So, it just shows it NEVER WAS a Halt decider, and its creator (you) has
just been LYING about what it was supposed to be.

>> You are confusing capability with requirements, likely because you
>> don't understand requirements and how they actually define what is
>> correct.
>>

>>> H is not answering the question that is in your head.
>>> H is answering the question that it is being asked.
>>>

>> So, you are just admitting that you have been lying all this time
>> about working on the halting problem.
>>
>> There goes you claim to have never lied.
>
> SHOW ME THE MAPPING !

Halt(M, d) -> True if M(d) will Halt
            -> False if M(d) will never Halt.

For ALL Turing Machines M and inputs d.

That is the DEFINITION, that you have knows about since you started, as
it is clearly in the definition of the problem.

If you neglected it, it just shows you don't understand the meaning of
requirements.

Your claim that a "Halt Decider" can "correct" compute ANY other mapping
just shows you to be a pathological liar