Article <v4dm13$3qbnc$10@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4dm13$3qbnc$10@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: D correctly simulated by H proved for THREE YEARS --- rewritten
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 22:37:23 -0400
 <v48be9$rgsh$1@dont-email.me> <v48gh6$3kcoe$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v48jv2$se9c$1@dont-email.me> <v49dge$3kcoe$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v4a0hs$157ic$3@dont-email.me> <v4ak5o$3kcoe$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v4am8r$19edk$1@dont-email.me> <v4b17k$3nf9n$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v4b48k$1f89t$4@dont-email.me> <v4c12t$3oop0$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v4ck2c$1o4b4$2@dont-email.me> <v4d9gt$3qbnc$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v4daoq$1sioe$2@dont-email.me> <v4dbun$3qbnc$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v4df07$1te0b$1@dont-email.me> <v4dfsu$3qbnd$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dhuk$1tsdf$3@dont-email.me> <v4diet$3qbnc$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dj9i$1tsdf$5@dont-email.me> <v4dkp0$3qbnd$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dlac$225kb$2@dont-email.me>

On 6/12/24 10:25 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/12/2024 9:16 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Halt deciders are not being asked English questions nitwit.
>>
>> But the formal question can be translated into English.
>>
>> And the PROBLEM statements can be written in English as a requirements
>> doecument.
>>
>> "Halt Deciders" don't need to "understand" the question, they just do
>> what they are programmed to do.
>
> H can only see that it must report on D correctly simulated by H.
> No one ever tells it anything different than this.

H doesn't need to "know" what it is doing. It PROGRAMMER does.

If the programmer is too stupid to understand the requirements, he never
should have claimed his program was a Halt Decider.

You keep on making that sort of mistake, confusing deterministic
machines with Willful beings.

I guess you are just proving that you are too stupid to know what you
were supposed to do, and have admitted that you have wasted 20 years
working on a problem you didn't understand.

>> The PROGRMMER making it needs to understand the question in which ever
>> form it is presented.

>>> H must compute question that it is being asked.
>>> Did not know that H does not understand English?
>>
>> So, I guess you "Meaning of the words" arguement is just thrown out
>> the door.
>>
>> So, since YOU are the programmer of H, I guess you are claiming it
>> unfair to ask YOU to understand the Englis language version of the
>> quesitn.
>>

>>> The question that H computes IS NOT THE BEHAVIOR OF D(D).
>>> IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO THAT.
>>
>> Then you are admitting that you H just fails to meet ANY version of
>> the actual requirements of a Halt Decider, and that YOU are just
>> admitting to being a LIAR.
>>
>> There goes you claim to have never lied. You just admitted to a doozy.
>>

> No the problem has always been that you are just too freaking stupid.
> That is my canned reply every time you call me a liar.

Which is just another LIE of yours.

Your problem is you have lost the concept of truth, because you have
lived a life filled with lies.

That is why I call you a PATHOLOGICAL liar. You LIE, because you no
longer can understand the difference between truth and falsehood.