Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4drmn$23cvd$1@dont-email.me>

From: Peter Moylan <peter@pmoylan.org>
Newsgroups: sci.lang,comp.editors,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Subject: Re: (MS Word) ".doc" files are (sometimes?) unsafe to share
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2024 14:14:12 +1000

On 13/06/24 13:36, Steve Hayes wrote:

> I send all emails in plain text, and if formatting is needed, I send
>  it as a faile attachment.

I recently had to send a document to my uncle and a cousin, so I
converted it to PDF first. It turned out that their mail provider (the
same provider in both cases) rejected mail with a PDF attachment. I'm
going to have to send it by snail mail.

(Or perhaps it was rejected because my message was in plain text, with
no HTML. I still haven't tracked down the precise cause.)

Some mail providers are becoming tougher and tougher about rejecting
mail for obscure reasons. (And sometimes they don't even tell the sender
that the attempt failed.) Maybe we'll all have to go back to snail mail.

--
Peter Moylan       peter@pmoylan.org    http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW