Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4dvt3$245h5$1@dont-email.me>

From: Dave Royal <dave@dave123royal.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: programming/scripting on an Android device - suggestions ?
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2024 06:25:55 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

"R.Wieser" <address@is.invalid> Wrote in message:

> Dave,
>
>> Years ago I used SL4A, Py4A to run Python scripts on Android but
>> I don't think it has worked for several years:
>> <https://github.com/kuri65536/sl4a>
>
> Hmmm.. while googeling I also found it, and an APK to it.  But as it
> presented itself as a layer upon which scripting interpreters could be
> installed (read: it doesn't offer any scripting capabilities itself) I
> decided to see if simpler solutions where available.

PY4A - Python for Android - ran on SL4A. But I suspect you need an
 old version of Android to run it.

>> I see the ex-maintainer mentions using termux:
>> <https://github.com/kuri65536/sl4a/issues/50>
>
> Thats a +1 for termux I guess. :-)
>
>> These days I use Kivy but I develop on a Linux PC and build
>> an Android apk.
>
> I also encountered that one, but its what I'm trying to evade, having to use
> a PC.   You see, I don't think that my old 'puter running XP (or a single
> other one running Win7) wil be able to run stuff like that.
>
> Any ideas about using a Raspberry Pi for it ?

<https://kivy.org/doc/stable/installation/installation-rpi.html>
The documentaion is extensive but cryptic!

I build and initially test on Linux, but you have to allow for the
 different display size/resolution. A proper keyboard and screen
 is the important thing.

Whether kivy is for you depends what you want to build.

>> ... it's not it the playstore
>
> I have absolutily zero problems with staying outof googles garden.

It was just an example. I'm using a standard in-support tablet here.

They may call pydroid an IDE, btw, but I'm pretty sure you can run
 scripts developed outside it. QPython was like that.
--
Remove numerics from my email address.