Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4f710$2bj9d$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-12 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2024 16:33:36 -0000 (UTC)

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>. . .

>I finally got around to watching my recording of Pat Sajak's final
>"Wheel of Fortune" episode - his closing speech was classy, and the
>episode/contestants were actually decent with the finalist winning $50k
>off this final puzzle.

I watched this last Friday. I agree that Sajak went out with class. I
hadn't watched the show in a long time. I was surprised how few times
the big wheel was spun, even if they hadn't cut off a round so he could
say goodbye. Sajak simply added cash bonuses for the three contestants
early in the show.

Vanna said nothing on air.

I've thought over the years that if Sajak really wanted that talk show, he
shouldn't have tried for a bloated imitation of Johnny Carson but a low
key show like Dick Cavett.