Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4fd83$2ctek$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-12 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2024 11:19:46 -0700

On 6/13/2024 10:55 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2024 10:11:41 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
> <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I watched this last Friday. I agree that Sajak went out with class. I
>>> hadn't watched the show in a long time. I was surprised how few times
>>> the big wheel was spun, even if they hadn't cut off a round so he could
>>> say goodbye. Sajak simply added cash bonuses for the three contestants
>>> early in the show.
>>>
>>> Vanna said nothing on air.
>>>

>> That's odd.
>>
>>> I've thought over the years that if Sajak really wanted that talk show, he
>>> shouldn't have tried for a bloated imitation of Johnny Carson but a low
>>> key show like Dick Cavett.
>>

>> I watched:
>>

>> Batman vs. Robin (blu-ray) 2015 DC Animated movie set in the DCAMU.
>> This is basically Batman vs. The Court of Owls; with Batman's brat
>> Damien being seduced by them and their kill first policy.  It was pretty
>> good.  I especially liked an assault on the Batcave by the Court.
>>

>> Justice League: Gods and Monsters (blu-ray) 2015 DC Animated standalone
>> movie.  It's basically an elseworlds tale where Zod sent his son to
>> Earth instead of Jor-El, Batman is a vampire, and Wonder Woman is a "New
>> God" along with other subtle changes producing an alternate version
>> Justice League (just those 3) that's a bit more willing to brutally
>> murder someone than the usual League.  The government maintains an
>> uneasy alliance with the League that starts to fall apart after someone
>> starts to frame the League for a series of murders.  This was pretty
>> good.  I originally wanted to pair this with "Justice League: Crisis on
>> Two Earths" but instead I'm going to keep powering through the movies in
>> release order then once I finish that, I might wrap back and pick up any
>> earlier movies I skipped, like "Crisis on Two Earths."  And that would
>> also be a good time to watch some of the original "Justice League" TV
>> series that I picked up on blu-ray way back when and never got around to
>> watching.
>
> You've truly missed out if you didn't watch the JUSTICE LEAGUE TV
> show. It was the thing that made me have so much hope for the WB's
> movies that they never quite delivered on. Some great stories in that
> series.

I watched them when they originally aired and loved them.  I picked up
the seasons on DVD, but never made it past the first season.  Then I
upgraded to blu-ray, but haven't watched them yet.  I also have a
complete blu-ray box set of Batman: The Animated series and Superman the
animated series.  They are probably both still in the shrinkwap. I love
these programs but finding time to watch them is a whole other animal.
But since I am actively carving out time to watch the movies, I'll try
to do some of the Justice League episodes.  Who knows, maybe I'll
squeeze in a Batman Animated and Superman animated episode or two too.