Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4fm3t$2eqq8$1@dont-email.me>

From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: T-Mobile users thought they had a lifetime price lock
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2024 08:51:09 +1200

On 2024-06-13 18:22:40 +0000, Alan Browne said:
> On 2024-06-13 02:40, Mickey D wrote:
>>
>> nately, the promise wasn't as simple as T-Mobile claimed it to be in
>> that press release. T-Mobile also published an FAQ that answered the
>> question, "What happens if you do raise the price of my T-Mobile One
>> service?" It explained that the only guarantee is T-Mobile will pay your
>> final month's bill if the price goes up and you decide to cancel.
>
> Marketing: There is no limit.
>      Legal: Some limitations apply.

"Expiring" minutes/texts/data is a ludicrous scheme that should have
been banned long ago. Most gift cards now no longer have expiry dates
(at least here in New Zealand) because people complained, and yet
telecoms companies are still getting away with the same money-grubbing
scam. Back in ye olde days of a landline phone, you paid for your calls
per minute, yet mobile phones suddenly had this "expiring" scheme that
everbody stupidly accepts as "normal".  :-\

You should simply pay for what you actually use, like any other utility
(electricity, water, petrol, etc.). The man from the petrol station
does not come around at the end of the month to siphon out any
remaining petrol left in your car's tank without any refund.