Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4hqgg$241l$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: "Edward Rawde" <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Fast monostable with a transistpor array
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2024 12:18:23 -0400

"john larkin" <jl@650pot.com> wrote in message news:8epo6jhf5k5nbkkqp5ot9b6nq1lhoia870@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 11:08:56 -0400, "Edward Rawde"
> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>

>>"john larkin" <jl@650pot.com> wrote in message news:hilo6j9dgctalpiu4v09rpdavf6fetm1cv@4ax.com...

>>> That is neither fast nor a monostable.
>>
>>Yes ok it's an astable and certainly not intended to be fast.
>>It was intended only to see if the model worked. Nothing more.
>
> It doesn't work!
>

>>> There's no reason to use many-GHz parts in micropower circuits. One
>>> reason is that the sim breaks.
>
> Most versions of the HFA3046 are obsolete. The only one left at
> Digikey costs $12. It would be risky to design around that part.

If it's obsolete or going obsolete then yes it would make no sense to use it.
I would guess that you get to do plenty of work because a manufacturer has suddenly decided to discontinue a part.

> Wasn't  HFA originally a Harris part?
>
> There are lots of dual (non-monolithic) diodes and bipolars and fets
> around, but the monolithic arrays are mostly gone.

What part would you recommend (single or dual) and does it have a working LTSpice model?

> The duals save space, but aren't well matched so are electrically and
> thermally equivalent to buying two separate parts.
>
> I wonder if one could design really fast stuff with the HFA3046.
> Package parasitics look nasty. And the big package will force ugly PCB
> routing. You can plop a single tiny transistor wherever you want.

Yes that is certainly an advantage of single transistors.
Is a suitable single transistor still available for use in new designs?

> The HFA parts are either 5 NPNs or 5 PNPs, which is also awkward.

3096 is three NPN two PNP