Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4hs1k$792$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: "Edward Rawde" <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Fast monostable with a transistpor array
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2024 12:44:33 -0400

"john larkin" <jl@650pot.com> wrote in message news:viro6jlt7h02ehbsq20em8uv5snn3736up@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 12:18:23 -0400, "Edward Rawde"
> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>"john larkin" <jl@650pot.com> wrote in message news:8epo6jhf5k5nbkkqp5ot9b6nq1lhoia870@4ax.com...

>>> It doesn't work!

>>> Most versions of the HFA3046 are obsolete. The only one left at
>>> Digikey costs $12. It would be risky to design around that part.
>>
>>If it's obsolete or going obsolete then yes it would make no sense to use it.
>>I would guess that you get to do plenty of work because a manufacturer has suddenly decided to discontinue a part.
>>
>>> Wasn't  HFA originally a Harris part?
>>>
>>> There are lots of dual (non-monolithic) diodes and bipolars and fets
>>> around, but the monolithic arrays are mostly gone.
>>
>>What part would you recommend (single or dual) and does it have a working LTSpice model?
>
> Just pull up some parts from the standard library, some low current
> NPNs like BC547 maybe. Look for low capacitances if you care about
> that; the HFAs are good in that respect.

Yes but BC547 sounds almost as ancient as BC107
Are they still in production?
What would work well at a GHz or two or more?

> Why do people avoid making clean 4-wire connections on schematics?

Some places have rules about that.
I had trouble once, even though I put a very obvious and big blob where the join should have been.
When doing schematics of my own I prefer to avoid a one-blob 4-wire join. Use two blobs.