Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4ib6v$325fp$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-13 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2024 12:36:35 -0700

On 6/14/2024 11:24 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> Looks like no one else has done one of these for today.
>
> I had to run morning errands, so I'll throw out a quick one...
>
> Yesterday I watched:
>
> soaps (without comment) - DOOL, B&B (partial), Y&R, and GH
>
> Station Eleven (Max) - Episodes #5 & #6.
>     Ep. #5 was better again, as it focused on a Day One storyline (and
> gave backstory on the Prophet).
>     Ep. #6 was a mess, as they seem to be backpedaling on making the
> Prophet a bad guy, which is utterly nonsensical.
>     Four more ep's to go.

Having a prophet doesn't make me want to watch this show.

> I forgot to watch LMN's "Death Down the Aisle", so recorded the late
> showing for later viewing.
>

> What did you watch?

I watched:

Batman: Bad Blood (blu-ray) 2016 DC animated movie set in the DCAMU.
Yet another Batman movie with the annoying Bat Brat Damian?  Well, let's
dive in.  The movie opens with a new character, Batwoman (Yvonne
Strahovski) heading out on patrol.  She has ripped off Batman's style
but unlike him she uses guns.  Batwoman runs into Batman as the two are
after the same thugs.  Batman doesn't like she's copying him, but
quickly lets it slide because they have bigger fish to fry.  But the
thugs get the drop on then and Batwoman just barely escapes as the
building structure they are on blows up.  With Batman presumed dead
Nightwing returns to Gotham and pretends to be Batman to keep the
criminals from learning Batman is missing.  Of course Batman's annoying
brat Robin is still around and a new character Luke Fox is introduced
and goes on to become Batwing.  With the Bat family (minus Batgirl) in
place it's' up to them to track down Bruce and save the city.  Overall
it was pretty good.

The Boys (Amazon streaming) - "Department of Dirty Tricks," "Life Among
the Septics," and "We'll Keep the Red Flag Flying Here." First three
episodes of season 4.  They all blured together.  But basically
Homelander brings in the smarter person on Earth to help him set himself
up as some sort of dictator.  The super smart supe is implementing a
plan, but Homelander being Homelander can't always stick to the plan.
Overall, the first three episodes were just OK.