Article <v4ivti$39gh7$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4ivti$39gh7$2@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: H(D,D) cannot even be asked about the behavior of D(D) --- Truth
 Itself is not Broken.
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2024 21:56:50 -0500
 <v4cjl7$1o4b4$1@dont-email.me> <v4d991$3qbnc$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4da12$1sioe$1@dont-email.me> <v4dbmf$3qbnc$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dcd6$1sioe$3@dont-email.me> <v4df0h$3qbnd$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dhf5$1tsdf$2@dont-email.me> <v4dja1$3qbnd$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v4djhf$1tsdf$6@dont-email.me> <v4dk7b$3qbnc$8@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dl3b$225kb$1@dont-email.me> <v4dn5u$3qbnd$8@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dop4$22o4a$2@dont-email.me> <v4dq07$3qbnc$12@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dqq0$2353n$1@dont-email.me> <v4el9m$3rsd6$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v4f3ec$2akmh$2@dont-email.me> <v4g65a$3tn6q$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4g6vr$2ic0g$1@dont-email.me> <v4gc0b$3tn6r$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v4gcjc$2msea$1@dont-email.me> <v4geab$3tn6r$8@i2pn2.org>
 <v4gg0s$2nim8$2@dont-email.me> <v4ha63$3v16r$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v4hfq9$2sdqr$5@dont-email.me> <v4ijlc$kqh$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4injg$348ha$1@dont-email.me> <v4iraj$kqh$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v4isva$392jh$2@dont-email.me> <v4itis$kqh$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v4iutm$39bc0$1@dont-email.me> <v4ivig$kqh$9@i2pn2.org>

On 6/14/2024 9:50 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> What, you can't keep the different topic straight?
>>
>> It is probably too difficult for anyone to understand outside
>> of a single thread of thought. It has taken me twenty years
>> of rehashing the same material until I gradually got deeper
>> and deeper insights.
>>
>> *THIS IS WHAT HAS KEPT ME GOING FOR TWENTY YEARS*
>> The key aspect of all of this is that if the halting problem is
>> correct then truth itself is fundamentally broken. Since truth
>> itself cannot possibly be fundamentally broken it must be
>> fallible human understanding of truth that is actually broken.
>>

> Nope.
>
> Maybe YOUR idea of truth is broken, but not truth itself.

The really weird (and very good) part of this is that your
understanding of these things beats at least half of the
experts in truthmaker theory. I have looked at a dozen papers.

Explain how an expression of language can be true when
literally no thing makes it true. This is the one that half
of the experts are totally clueless about.

Cats are animals is made true by its definition.