Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4jag5$1ltr7$2@solani.org>

From: Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Interesting reading about spread-spectrum, also for on-board designs
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 05:57:23 GMT

On a sunny day (Fri, 14 Jun 2024 07:55:14 -0700) it happened john larkin
<jl@650pot.com> wrote in <45mo6jhcq8kisjmbrom8i1r17ljr6g4qu8@4ax.com>:

>On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 07:43:53 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>Interesting reading about spread-spectrum, also for on-board designs:
>>
>> https://www.electronicdesign.com/technologies/power/article/55041243/monolithic-power-systems-choosing-the-proper-parameters-in-frequency-spread-spectrum-fss-design
>
>That's cool, except for the usual dreadful fake pcb image.

Fake?
Sure some fun zig-zag loops in some tracks... ?
Why would anybody bother making artwork like that when you can just take a picture?

>We have a bunch of switchers that use our own FPGAs as the
>controllers, and I need to start up a project to make them
>spread-spectrum.

I find it interesting, not much experience with spread spectrum,
but a lot with wideband FM modulation like for the old Ampex video recorders... VHS, Umatic, Betamax too.
So with a bit of luck you can send your commercials on a few hundred kHz :-)

>We don't want the ss modulation to show up in the DC outputs as ripple
>or anything audible.

RF wideband filtering, inductors.. capacitors...