Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4jmlo$3daj0$1@dont-email.me>

From: "R.Wieser" <address@is.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: programming/scripting on an Android device - suggestions ?
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 10:06:58 +0200

Eli,

>> > Python, Perl, GCC I have installed. There's few different Lua
>> > packages, but I've never used them. Looks like most recent patch
>> > levels of 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4, plus luajit.
>>
>> Those work seperate from Termux, or are they a part of it ?   If the
>> first, I could do with a link or two. :-)
>
> They run inside Termux and operate with the same permissions as Termux.
> Termux downloads precompiled binaries for them from a repo server.

Any chance I can download them and than offer them to termux?   You see, I
have a deep-rooted wish to backup stuff like that.   System crashes and all
that.

> Install Termux and plugins you want, Termux:API probably at minimum.
> Configure your repos,

Thats some sort of Linux inside joke, isn't it ?  "You configure it".  I
have *zero* information on either termux or any of those plugins, but I'm
expected to configure them ?  How ? :-(

> The Termux:API stuff allows you to do various Android-y things.
> I had a script reading the air quality sensor built into the phone
> every five minutes using the sensors API.

Yep, thats (in general) what I'm after. :-)

So, any chance that you know of any tutorial in regard to termux and its
(program languages) plugins ?  I don't think I will even /try/ to install it
without having anything to go on.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser