Article <v4k9gi$2219$2@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4k9gi$2219$2@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: H(D,D) cannot even be asked about the behavior of D(D) --- Truth
 Itself is not Broken.
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 10:46:42 -0400
 <v4dk7b$3qbnc$8@i2pn2.org> <v4dl3b$225kb$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4dn5u$3qbnd$8@i2pn2.org> <v4dop4$22o4a$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4dq07$3qbnc$12@i2pn2.org> <v4dqq0$2353n$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4el9m$3rsd6$3@i2pn2.org> <v4f3ec$2akmh$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4g65a$3tn6q$1@i2pn2.org> <v4g6vr$2ic0g$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4gc0b$3tn6r$6@i2pn2.org> <v4gcjc$2msea$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4geab$3tn6r$8@i2pn2.org> <v4gg0s$2nim8$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4ha63$3v16r$2@i2pn2.org> <v4hfq9$2sdqr$5@dont-email.me>
 <v4ijlc$kqh$1@i2pn2.org> <v4injg$348ha$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4iraj$kqh$4@i2pn2.org> <v4isva$392jh$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4itis$kqh$7@i2pn2.org> <v4iutm$39bc0$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4ivig$kqh$9@i2pn2.org> <v4ivti$39gh7$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4j28d$kqh$10@i2pn2.org> <v4j2ck$39ub0$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4j2u4$kqh$13@i2pn2.org> <v4j3bd$3a0ot$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4js1c$2218$2@i2pn2.org> <v4k5aq$3fnqu$3@dont-email.me>
 <v4k69h$2218$3@i2pn2.org> <v4k84g$3gc4t$2@dont-email.me>

On 6/15/24 10:23 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/15/2024 8:51 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> iff (if and only if) expression of language X is true then some
>>> physically existing or conception thing makes X true.
>>
>> Which forces you into cycles, as either you have cycles, or you have a
>> set of "first truths" that are just true of themselves with nothing to
>> make them true.
>>
>> A directed graph (from truth sources to true statements) either has
>> cycles or roots, or is just infinite in size.
>>

> No you are wrong about this. The first thing that I discovered
> about this at least twenty years ago is that it is always an
> acyclic graph.

Which means there is always a set of root nodes that do not have a
truth-maker coming into them.

> When you try to come up with a concrete counter-example I will
> point out your specific mistake.

But I have conceptually.

Show me a root concept, that has a truth-maker but doesn't depend on
anything else. If you use words to describe it, how do those words have
meaning without being defined by other words.

There is a fundamental problem of first principles that need to stand on
their own without support from anything in the system.

> The definition of the meaning of a term is the truthmaker
> for this term. The terms that this definition is composed
> of have their own definitions. This is recursively quite
> deep yet zero actual cycles.

And what makes that definition true?

How can you write a "defintion" for the first term of your system?

You ALWAYS need to reference something outside your system, and when you
then include that source, you need to find the root of THAT system, and
your problem continues.