Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4ke08$3hkd9$1@dont-email.me>

From: Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Fast monostable with a transistpor array
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 16:03:21 -0000 (UTC)
 <gldr6jh9gqjgmmrrm4ttln2ptl4vj8nnk2@4ax.com>

john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2024 00:47:00 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>>> That's criminal.
>>>

>> Combining schematics and documentation in the same document is sort of
>> like a toothpaste and orange juice smoothie. I like orange juice, and
>> toothpaste is useful. However...
>
> We keep a separate design notes folder. It can say a lot more than
> could be hacked onto a schematic. I don't like a lot of comments on my
> schematics.

I often annotate schematics with things like nominal voltages, dashed
rectangles to indicate circuit groups, and anything unusual that might be
mistaken for an error, such as a BJT used upside-down.

Makes it easier for others to understand.

(We also keep notes, markups from bringup, and so on. )

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs  Principal Consultant  ElectroOptical Innovations LLC /
Hobbs ElectroOptics  Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics