Article <v4l7aq$3n5c$1@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4l7aq$3n5c$1@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: H(D,D) cannot even be asked about the behavior of D(D) V3
 ---IGNORING ALL OTHER REPLIES
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 19:15:38 -0400
 <v4a0hs$157ic$3@dont-email.me> <v4ak5o$3kcoe$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v4am8r$19edk$1@dont-email.me> <v4apjs$19rnv$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4arp0$1a7uo$1@dont-email.me> <v4b1c3$3nf9n$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v4b50m$1f89t$5@dont-email.me> <v4c12r$3oop0$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v4cjl7$1o4b4$1@dont-email.me> <v4d991$3qbnc$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4da12$1sioe$1@dont-email.me> <v4dbmf$3qbnc$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dcd6$1sioe$3@dont-email.me> <v4df0h$3qbnd$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dhf5$1tsdf$2@dont-email.me> <v4dja1$3qbnd$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v4djhf$1tsdf$6@dont-email.me> <v4dk7b$3qbnc$8@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dl3b$225kb$1@dont-email.me> <v4dn5u$3qbnd$8@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dop4$22o4a$2@dont-email.me> <v4dq07$3qbnc$12@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dqq0$2353n$1@dont-email.me> <v4el9m$3rsd6$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v4f3ec$2akmh$2@dont-email.me> <v4g65a$3tn6q$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4kh6a$3hugj$4@dont-email.me> <v4kial$2219$10@i2pn2.org>
 <v4kjkr$3iid3$2@dont-email.me> <v4klb4$2219$12@i2pn2.org>
 <v4ko32$3jfm0$1@dont-email.me>

On 6/15/24 2:55 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/15/2024 1:08 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> *In other words you DO NOT WANT AN HONEST DIALOGUE*
>>
>> No, YOU do not what honest dialogs, as you ask me to try to prove
>> something I don't claim to be do able, and I say why?
>>

> In other words you flat out do not understand that H is not
> being asked about the behavior of D(D).

Then you don't understand that you just flat out admitted that your H
isn't a Halt Decider, and thus you have proven anything about the
Halting Problem.

> Through this lack of understanding feel that your assumption
> that H is being asked about the behavior of D(D) is justified?

I assume that because you call it a Halt Decider.

I guess you have just been lying about that for all these years.

I guess every time you call something a Halt Decider, I can point out
that no it isn't, as you have stated that you machines are not meeting
the definition of a Halt Decider.

>>> You either fail to understand that your attempt to answer that
>>> question will increase your understanding or you already know
>>> that the answer to that question proves that I am correct.
>>
>> No, I KNOW the question to be a Red Herring, as it actually has
>> NOTHING to do with the problem,
>
> It has everything to do with a 100% fully specified complete
> instance of the problem.

Nope, You just admitted it doesn't.

Halt Deciding, BY DEFINITION, is about the behavior of the program
described by the input. By your definiton of D(D), calling H(D,D) is
supposed to be asking H to decide on D(D).

If this is not true, you have just admitted that you haven't been
working on the halting problem proof for YEARS, and just lying about it.

>> you only think it does, and you want me top prove your false point.

>>> You are the one that is backed into a corner here and no amount
>>> of pure bluster will get you out. Failing to provide the requested
>>> steps *is construed as your admission that I am correct*
>>>

>> What corner am I backed into?
>>
>> The DEFINITION of a Halt Decider is that it answers about the behavior
>> of the directly executed input,
>
> I prove a counter-example to this that no one ever noticed
> before because consistently everyone rejected the notion of
> a simulating halt decider out-of-hand without any review
> what-so-ever.

NO SUCH THING.

YOU JUST DON'T KNOW THE RULES OF THE GAME

YOU HAVE JUST PROVES THAT YOU ARE A LIAR

Sorry, but that is the truth.

> It IS impossible for the input to H(D,D) to specify
> the behavior of D(D) and simply baselessly assuming
> otherwise GETS NO WHERE.

Nope, you are just showing that you are a total idiot and ignorant of
the rules of Compuation Theory.

>>  not about the partial simulation of it done by the decider.
>>

> We can count to 5 and through mathematical induction
> we know that we can can beyond 5.

If you can PROVE the induction step, which you haven't done.

I don't think you even know how to do a proper proof by induction.

after all, you don't know how to d a proper proof PERIOD.

>> YOU are the one stuck trying to claim that a wrong answer is right,
>> and have been stuck there for years.
>>
>> No one, but you, cases about what the simulation by H does, as it
>> stops before it gets the answer. We have the correct answer, and it
>> isn't the one H gives.
>>

> If it actually stops before it gets an answer then you could
> show some finite number of steps of D correctly simulated by
> H that reach machine address [00000d1d].

No, D run gets to the correct answer AFTER H stops simulating.

> The ONLY reason that you do not do this is that you know
> that I am correct.

Nope, you are STUPID.

> Fascism can only take over the planet while we continue to
> have no objective way to divide dangerous lies from truth.
> *That kind of thing has been my motivation all along*

YOU ARE JUST SHOWING YOU ARE STUPID.

YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE ELECTION DENIERS.