Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4llng$3rtm0$7@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: RTD in the Radio Times.
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 04:21:19 +0100

On 15/06/2024 18:41, Hornplayer9599 wrote:
> On 6/15/2024 06:45, Blueshirt wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

> Flat out bullshit, Aggy.  Your gastrointestinal issues must be working

No it isn't. I have a YouTube channel and the viewing statistics for
that are measured the same way as they are for Disney+. Just 10 seconds
of watching anything on YouTube counts as a view. The same holds true
for iPlayer and Disney+. 10 seconds and it's a view. You don't need
anything more than that. Since we know that each episode of Doctor Whoke
is between 43 and 55 minutes long it's clear that not all of those
viewing are watching the whole episode through. As I have a YouTube
channel I know exactly how many people watch my videos all the way
through from start to finish. It's only a tiny little fraction of the
number of viewers I have.

I would love to have had 11,000 people watching all of my videos all of
the way through in the past 28 days but that's simply not true in any
way shape or form.

> overtime in order to create that much of an intoxication.  Have a bottle
> of Milk of Magnesia and give your gut a break for God's sake!
>

>>> Very low.
>>
>> Almost certainly not a correct figure...
>
> Not only is it not a correct figure...it is complete, unadulterated
> bullshit.  Not even YouTubers are saying that; if they did, any
> credibility they have would go flying out the window (Aggy works under
> the incorrect assumption that he is the only person here that watches
> YouTube channels).  The only number that has been speculated on (and
> expressly stated that it is an unverified number) has been around the
> 50K mark for US viewership...a far cry from 200.  The only verified

50K or 40K is the total number of views. Only a tiny fraction of that
are people who have watched for substantially more than 10 seconds. Only
tiny fraction of what is left is the number who watched for 8 minutes on
average.

I have have had 11,000 views for my videos over the past 28 days. Doctor
Whoke only had 20,000 views per episode for the first two episodes, so
all I need to do is double my statistics to estimate what each episode
of Doctor Whoke is getting. All but 600 of the 20,000 people Disney+ (or
Doomcock) claims to have watched each episode have watched it for
substantially more than 10 or 20 seconds. That's around 8 minutes on
average. At most only about 1/3 of that have watched each episode from
start to end. That's only 200 viewers.

I would love to have had 100 people watch my videos all the way through
on my YouTube channel but I know that even that is barely close to the
number of viewers I've actually gotten according to my live stats which
show how much has been watched at any one time and the number of people
watching. At most only 2 to 4 people have watched 60 to 100% of each of
my live streams. Doctor Whoke on Disney+ isn't getting much better. 4 to
8 subscribers have watched the first and second episodes all the way
through at most if Disney+ is behaving the same way as my channel. I was
being generous giving it 200 viewers.

> numbers YouTubers have had until just a couple of days ago are the UK
> figures.  The Nielsen ratings have just been released for US streaming
> numbers just a couple of days ago, and those are about 3 weeks behind.
> There is no D+ show ranked in the US top ten.  As I understand it, in
> order to crack the top ten, a show would need to have about 1.5 million
> views in the US.  For a D+ show to reach 1.5 million, it would need
> about 3% of all US D+ subscribers viewing it.  So is the US viewing
> below 1.5 million?  It was 3 weeks ago.  However for someone to claim
> that only 200 people are watching from start to finish in the US, let
> alone globally, is flat out asinine and laughable.

200 people at most watched the first two episodes all the way through
going by Doomcock's alleged total views for the first 2 episodes. And
that is being extremely generous. In realistic terms it's probably only
4 to 8 people which is double what my YouTube channel gets over an
entire month based on views for views. That's about as many transgender
lesbian feminist homosexuals as subscribe to Disney+ so it's probably
getting 100% of it's target demographic. LOOOOOL!!!

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner