Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4m7jt$3vav2$3@dont-email.me>

From: TTman <kraken.sankey@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: British (european?) kitchen counter electric outlets
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 09:26:38 +0100

>> depending.
>
> Our serious heat loads (house central heat, fireplace, water heater,
> cooktop, clothes dryer) are natural gas. It's simple and very
> reliable. Do brits commonly use gas at home?
>
> How much do you pay for electricity in a typical month?

Many houses have natural gas central heating to heat water filled
radiators. Some apartments/ blocks of flats usually have electric night
storage radiators. Current 'normal' electric costs ~23p/kWh. My 4 bed
detached house ( we're retired) used to use 270 kWh/month. total cost
then was around £90/month including 5% vat. We also have to pay a
'standing charge' of 60p /day ( robbery charge). I now have solar +
9.5kW battery . Summer months I'm a net exporter. Winter my bills are
tiny. I import cheap overnight ( somtimes I get paid to import!)
~10p/kWh and runn off the battery all day . On a sunny day, I import
less the following morning.