Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4mdj0$fvf$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Whoke S01E07 The Legend of Ruby Sunday
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 10:08:32 -0000 (UTC)

solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
> The True loon let loose this torrent of turds:
>>
>> Almost every character running UNIT, in what seems to be a backdoor
>> pilot for a spin-off series, is a women. Apart from a dwarf pretending
>> to be a 13 year old child, who is unbearable to listen to, the only men
>> you see are common homosexual stereotypes exuding effeminacy like the
>> might have been members of The Village People in cosplay or non-European
>> in appearance, and probably homosexual too.
>>

> Just out of curiosity, which of those groups are you putting Rose
> Noble in?

The “dwarf pretending to be a 13 year old child” is Lenny Rush, who is
currently 15 years old and would have been 14 when the episode was recorded
(and 13 when he was cast). He does have dwarfism.

But it’s hardly a sneer-worthy casting stretch to make him 13 for the
purpose of making the character an intellectual prodigy.

“Non-European in appearance”.  A little Aggie-speak for his racism, I
guess. Why he can’t just see people as people, and not boil with apoplexy
whenever one of the lead roles isn’t taken up by a middle aged
involuntarily celibate fascist and chauvinist male of Greek Cypriot descent
who has no agency and contributes nothing to society or the plot (thus
representing 99.99999999% of what Aggie wants to be the target viewership,
of course) is beyond me.

--
“Most of the Universe is knackered, babes.”  - The Doctor