Article <v4mnsf$1qt6$7@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4mnsf$1qt6$7@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: H(D,D) cannot even be asked about the behavior of D(D) V3
 ---IGNORING ALL OTHER REPLIES
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 08:04:15 -0500
 <v4cjl7$1o4b4$1@dont-email.me> <v4d991$3qbnc$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4da12$1sioe$1@dont-email.me> <v4dbmf$3qbnc$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dcd6$1sioe$3@dont-email.me> <v4df0h$3qbnd$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dhf5$1tsdf$2@dont-email.me> <v4dja1$3qbnd$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v4djhf$1tsdf$6@dont-email.me> <v4dk7b$3qbnc$8@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dl3b$225kb$1@dont-email.me> <v4dn5u$3qbnd$8@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dop4$22o4a$2@dont-email.me> <v4dq07$3qbnc$12@i2pn2.org>
 <v4dqq0$2353n$1@dont-email.me> <v4el9m$3rsd6$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v4f3ec$2akmh$2@dont-email.me> <v4g65a$3tn6q$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4kh6a$3hugj$4@dont-email.me> <v4kial$2219$10@i2pn2.org>
 <v4kjkr$3iid3$2@dont-email.me> <v4klb4$2219$12@i2pn2.org>
 <v4ko32$3jfm0$1@dont-email.me> <v4l7aq$3n5c$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v4l8pg$3m8b0$3@dont-email.me> <v4l9pi$3n5d$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v4lchu$3n4dj$2@dont-email.me> <v4le7v$3n5d$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v4lfp3$3rfk3$1@dont-email.me> <v4lh41$3n5c$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v4llqg$3sben$2@dont-email.me> <v4mj7k$3n5c$5@i2pn2.org>

On 6/16/2024 6:44 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Nope, not if the "Authority" is the DEFINITIONS of the system.
>>>

>> If the authority defines squares as round and no one notices
>> this since 1936, the4n someone can come along as say that
>> definition is proved wrong by its incoherence.
>
> Yes, if the authorty defines squares as round then the system is just
> like that.

When someone defined a square as round and then tries to draw a
round square they find out that the were wrong.

> Someone can then build an ALTERNAME system, not change that one.
>
> Like was done with Naive Set Theory.
>
> But first you need to shows that they did something like that, and then
> show you have a full replacement system available to ask people to try
> to switch to,
>
> The one thing you can't do, is say you get to change the rules of the
> original system.

There is no way to build a simulating halt decider H that has
an input D that calls H(D,D) where H(D,D) can even be
asked the question Does the directly executed D(D) halt?
*You might not be bright enough to understand this*