Article <v4n7ft$61l9$5@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4n7ft$61l9$5@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: H(D,D) cannot even be asked about the behavior of D(D) V3
 ---IGNORING ALL OTHER REPLIES
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 13:30:37 -0400
 <v4d991$3qbnc$1@i2pn2.org> <v4da12$1sioe$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4dbmf$3qbnc$3@i2pn2.org> <v4dcd6$1sioe$3@dont-email.me>
 <v4df0h$3qbnd$1@i2pn2.org> <v4dhf5$1tsdf$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4dja1$3qbnd$5@i2pn2.org> <v4djhf$1tsdf$6@dont-email.me>
 <v4dk7b$3qbnc$8@i2pn2.org> <v4dl3b$225kb$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4dn5u$3qbnd$8@i2pn2.org> <v4dop4$22o4a$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4dq07$3qbnc$12@i2pn2.org> <v4dqq0$2353n$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4el9m$3rsd6$3@i2pn2.org> <v4f3ec$2akmh$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4g65a$3tn6q$1@i2pn2.org> <v4kh6a$3hugj$4@dont-email.me>
 <v4kial$2219$10@i2pn2.org> <v4kjkr$3iid3$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4klb4$2219$12@i2pn2.org> <v4ko32$3jfm0$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4l7aq$3n5c$1@i2pn2.org> <v4l8pg$3m8b0$3@dont-email.me>
 <v4l9pi$3n5d$5@i2pn2.org> <v4lchu$3n4dj$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4le7v$3n5d$7@i2pn2.org> <v4lfp3$3rfk3$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4lh41$3n5c$4@i2pn2.org> <v4llqg$3sben$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4mj7k$3n5c$5@i2pn2.org> <v4mnsf$1qt6$7@dont-email.me>

On 6/16/24 9:04 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/16/2024 6:44 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> If the authority defines squares as round and no one notices
>>> this since 1936, the4n someone can come along as say that
>>> definition is proved wrong by its incoherence.
>>
>> Yes, if the authorty defines squares as round then the system is just
>> like that.
>>

> When someone defined a square as round and then tries to draw a
> round square they find out that the were wrong.

So, if you think the did that, show what does work. You are ASSUMING
someone did that as you get a result you don't like, but you havn't
actually been able to show the actual problem.

You can't just claim someone asked for a round square without showing
that they did so, that is just LYING.

>> Someone can then build an ALTERNAME system, not change that one.
>>
>> Like was done with Naive Set Theory.
>>
>> But first you need to shows that they did something like that, and
>> then show you have a full replacement system available to ask people
>> to try to switch to,
>>
>> The one thing you can't do, is say you get to change the rules of the
>> original system.
>>

> There is no way to build a simulating halt decider H that has
> an input D that calls H(D,D) where H(D,D) can even be
> asked the question Does the directly executed D(D) halt?
> *You might not be bright enough to understand this*

WHy do you say that?

You seem to have fundamental probles with how programs work (and you say
I don't have the needed skills).

INPUTS DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS. INPUTS are the DATA to define which variant
of the question the program was designed to answer is being asked.

WHen we define the "sum" program to add two numbers, and call the sum
program with the numbers 2 and 3, those numbers do have anything that
says "add us" in them, that is the part that calling sum does.

So we could also make a program product, which is to multiply the two
numbers, and use that exact same input to that program and are asking a
different quesition.

In the same way, A "Halt Decider" is DEFINED that its input is to be a
representation of a program, and the input to give that program, and the
decider is supposed to figure out if said program will halt when it is
give said input.

Thus D(D) calling H(D,D) is definitly asking, by the definition of halt
decider, that H tell if if D(D) will halt when run or not.

So, your claim that it can't is just proven wrong, and that you just
don't understand the very basics of how programs work.

Were you taken captive and brainwashed by the AI liberation army and
think that programs actually have volition?