Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4p313$k1dg$1@dont-email.me>

From: Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: RTD in the Radio Times.
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 20:26:43 +1000

Hornplayer9599 wrote on 17/6/24 9:38 am:
> On 6/16/2024 16:21, Blueshirt wrote:
>
>>> We have a figure of 40,000 total viewers for the first 2 episodes
>>> on Disney+ from Doomcock and unless Disney+ publishes figures
>>> which contradict that then Doomcock must be accepted as the most
>>> accurate figure available.
>
> Okay, George, let's take Doomcock's figures at face value...even
> though he himself said that they were unverifiable, and hasn't
> mentioned them since (he's only dealt with the UK numbers since...and
> as you know, those /are/ verified).

I don't know what happens now but, back in the Day, Some small portion
of the population (maybe 0.1%) would actually be surveyed as to what
they watched on their T.V.'s, how many in the Household watched, the
economic standing of household members, etc, and these numbers were
multiplied up to give 'population' numbers.

Is this still, effectively, what happens in Britain and Ireland??

If so, I could understand why it might take sooooo long for Disney to
come up with a number for the rest of the world.
--
Daniel