Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4pcda$ln8r$1@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: RTD in the Radio Times.
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 14:06:49 +0100

On 17/06/2024 11:42, Daniel70 wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote on 17/6/24 2:12 pm:

>>> Okay, George, let's take Doomcock's figures at face value...even
>>> though he himself said that they were unverifiable, and hasn't
>>> mentioned them since (he's only dealt with the UK numbers
>>> since...and as you know, those /are/ verified).  First of all, the
>>> number was 50,000...but, hey, your cognitive skills have always
>>> been shown to be lacking.  Also, those
>>
>> Trying to explained statistics to the stupid is like flooding a dead
>> horse.
>
> YEAH!! 'flooding' a dead horse *IS* pretty stupid!!

When is Thunderbird going to make a spell checker which actually works?

You don't get google making the wrong suggestion at the top of the list
when you do a search and type something wrong.

>> 50,000 an 40,000 are both of the same order of magnitude. Do you
>> understand orders of magnitude? So it makes little difference if the
>> estimate is 20% out. 40,000 is easier to do the maths when comparing
>> with my channel
>>
>>> numbers were for the US market only...aside from the UK and
>>> Ireland, Disney has the global distribution rights.  Telling us
>>> that only 200 people worldwide are watching is even more laughable
>>> that claiming it's just the US numbers.  But anyway....
>>
>> Do you understand how streaming viewers are counted? 50,000 viewers
>> does not mean that 50,000 people watched an episode all the way
>> through. It means that 50,000 people watched for 10 seconds or more.
>>
>> Based on comparison with other streaming services such as my YouTube
>> channel which has the same world wide distribution as Disney+ only
>> about 200 people at bast would have watched each episode all the way
>> through, ie. 1/3 of 600 which is the number of people who averaged 8
>> minutes out of 40,000 or 50,000.
>
> I'm guessing Disney might have just a tad more Market penetration than
> your little YouTube channel, Aggy.

Wrong. My channel has exactly the same market penetration as Doctor
Whoke on Disney+ since it's on YouTube.

>>> If you are telling us that Doomcock's numbers are the most
>>> accurate,
>>
>> Since they are the only numbers they must be the most accurate.
>
> But, if they are *ONLY* Doomcock's number, how do you determine their
> accuracy, Aggy??

We know that Doctor Whoke was barely getting 150,000 viewers on BBC
America when the Whittaker era ended and the Gatwa era is even more woke
so expect less views. Also BBC America was available to more viewers
than the paywalled Disney+.

>>> then that already destroys your position that there are only 200
>>> people watching the show on Disney+, either US only, or globally.
>>> See how you
>>
>> Once again teaching statistics to the stupid is like flogging a dead
>> horse. If you want to claim the status of an expert then provide
>> your credentials.
>>
>> 200 is the number of people who watched each episode from start to
>> finish. The rest only average about 20 seconds to 1 minute.
>>
>>> keep shooting down your own arguments?  Of course, I completely
>>> expect
>>
>> Stop proving yourself to be stupid.
>
> So typing sensible words is a measure of stupidity, is it?? That must
> make you, Aggy, an expert in Stupidity!!

Suggesting the correct word at the top of the list to replace the word
that I typed wrongly is a sign of intelligence.

>>> you to try to move the goalposts (it's what you do) and tell us
>>> that 49,800 viewers have abandoned the show...and you can take
>>> nonsense, and your figure of 200 and stick them back up your arse
>>> where it came from; perhaps that will help you with that persistent
>>> flatulence problem. There is no way, none at all, that any show
>>> with US and/or global numbers as low as 200 stays on the air one
>>> second longer...it would get pulled faster than you can say, "Cop
>>> Rock".  The amount of money already
>>
>> Talking to the stupid about how streaming works is like flogging a
>> dead horse. Didn't I mention that earlier.
>>
>> Disney you ignorant stupidity filled fool has ALREADY PAID
>> $200,000,000 or whatever RTD claimed to make 2 series of Doctor Who.
>> The money is already in the Bank of RTD and Bad Wolf Productions and
>> Disney ain't going to get any of it back.
>
> Sorry!! Was this last paragraph posted by Aggy or Blueshirt/Hornplayer??
> It seems like it was Blueshirt or Hornplayer .... but my Quotation
> levels seem to indicate it was Aggy!!
>
> I'm confused!!

What did I say?

Talking to the stupid about how streaming works is like flogging a
dead horse. Didn't I mention that earlier?

>> Do you understand what a contract is, stupid?
>
> Ahh!! Now I know we're with Aggy!
>
> <Snip>
>
>> Now do we need to talk about about dead horses?
>>
> Well not about "flooding" them, anyway!!

Take it up with Thunderbird.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner