Article <v4peaq$ln46$13@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4peaq$ln46$13@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: D correctly simulated by H proved for THREE YEARS --- rewritten
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 08:39:38 -0500
 <v4beis$1h0p6$1@dont-email.me> <v4cceu$1mi5i$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4corm$1p0h0$1@dont-email.me> <v4cp5s$1pe0q$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4cs0b$1p0h1$1@dont-email.me> <v4csdq$1q0a8$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4ctuq$1p0h1$2@dont-email.me> <v4cuc6$1qedu$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4e9qm$25ks0$1@dont-email.me> <v4epji$28g4v$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4fhj3$2dce5$1@dont-email.me> <v4fi0m$2dvk4$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4h4ag$2q9hc$1@dont-email.me> <v4he7s$2sdqr$4@dont-email.me>
 <v4i41a$30e5b$1@dont-email.me> <v4i52u$30usa$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4i7ne$311i2$1@dont-email.me> <v4ia6l$31vjj$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4jlds$3cq2s$1@dont-email.me> <v4k0fc$3f0hc$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4k74f$3g29j$1@dont-email.me> <v4k7he$3gc4t$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4k8us$3g29j$3@dont-email.me> <v4k9kk$3gc4t$6@dont-email.me>
 <v4kb18$3gpbj$1@dont-email.me> <v4kbkv$3h3iu$2@dont-email.me>
 <v4m09f$3tvpi$1@dont-email.me> <v4mmai$1qt6$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4nd7k$6b5r$1@dont-email.me>

On 6/16/2024 2:08 PM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:
> Op 16.jun.2024 om 14:37 schreef olcott:

>>> When asked what is a pathological program olcott replied:
>>>

>>> No he defines a "pathological" program as a program that calls H.
>>> All words about doing the opposite of what H predicts, have disappeared.
>>> Everyone sees the difference, but he is stuck is rebuttal mode and
>>> denies the change of definition.
>>>

>> The code that "does the opposite" was never reachable by
>> a simulating halt decider thus does not change the problem
>> for a simulating halt decider when this code is removed.
>
> So, there was never a relation with the Linz proof, where the part that
> does the opposite of what H predicts plays the essential role.

This is the key essence of the pathological relationship in all
of the halting problem counter-example proofs including the Linz proof.

void DDD()
{
   H0(DDD);
}

int main()
{
   H0(DDD);
}

> What remains is the fact that H is unable to simulate itself up to its
> final state, which is called a "pathological" property of H.

H is always correct to abort the simulation of any input
that would cause itself to not terminate normally.

When this is construed as non-halting criteria then H is
always correct to reject all of these inputs as non-halting.