Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4pgi3$mm9q$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for June 19-21, 2024
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 07:17:38 -0700

On 6/16/24 10:13 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>          Thursday, June 20
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Federer: Twelve Final Days        (documentary)          (12:01 am,
> Prime Video)
>
> "Federer: Twelve Final Days" is a feature-length documentary chronicling
> the final 12 days of Roger Federer’s professional tennis career.
> Originally a home video never intended for public viewing, the film
> captures Federer at his most vulnerable and candid self, as he says
> goodbye to a game and the fans that shaped his life for the last two
> decades. 1h 28m.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Xn8Olq5-0
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31392065/

My sister may want to watch this!

> Perfect Wife: The Mysterious Disappearance of Sherri Papini [new;
> complete limited series]            (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Keith and Sherri Papini’s seemingly idyllic family life is shattered
> when Sherri vanishes from their rural California neighborhood,
> triggering a frenzied search that becomes news around the world. But
> once Sherri is found, a new nightmare begins. Three episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hot1ECXMe0A
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28493589/

I've already seen the Lifetime flick...  :|

> Hart to Heart        (season 4 premiere)        (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> A-list entertainers, athletes and public figures reveal their honest,
> unfiltered and unexpected true selves over a glass of wine with Kevin Hart.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14809614/

That's not "Hart to Hart"!!

> Sins of the Bride       (movie)         (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> A bride’s revenge fling with the best man turns her world upside down
> when her supposedly AWOL groom returns, leading to a fraught marriage
> haunted by guilt and a vindictive secret-holder bent on destroying their
> fragile happily ever after. Stars Kyle Kankonde, Titus Makin Jr.,
> Charlie N. Townsend, Anissa Felix, Dara Woo and Donna Winfield. 1 hr 29
> min.
>
> https://tubitv.com/movies/100022660/sins-of-the-bride
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31968531/    [stub]

Meh - there are better iterations of this kind of story...

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> My Two Husbands      (movie)         (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Charming flight attendant Brooke juggles two marriages, one with her
> high school sweetheart Stefan and the other to an older, successful
> businessman, Dane, who she and Stefan plan to fleece for a windfall of
> cash. However, Dane’s suspicious daughter Eliza threatens to unmask the
> truth, while Brooke also begins to regret her part in the plan, leading
> to a potentially deadly showdown between Brooke, Eliza, and Stefan.
> Stars Kabby Borders, Isabelle Almoyan, and Jon Briddell.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-two-husbands
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28798990/

Looking forward to this one!!  :)

>          Friday, June 21
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Shoresy        (complete season 3)          (3:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Foul-mouthed, chirp-serving, mother-loving, fan favorite "Letterkenny"
> character Shoresy (Jared Keeso) joins the Sudbury Bulldogs of the
> Northern Ontario Senior Hockey Organization (aka The NOSHO) on a quest
> to never lose again. Originates with the Canadian streamer Crave, which
> has ordered season 4.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb7aEThIdKw
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18249282/    [rating 8.5]
>
> https://www.hulu.com/series/shoresy-35e7a994-c7e8-4b5d-97d3-e2c8a4d1d75b

"Letterkenny" and this are still on my list, but I have no idea if/when
I will ever get to them....

> Trigger Warning        (movie)          (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Jessica Alba plays a Special Forces commando turned barkeeper

Are they kidding?! Is this a joke?!!...

> who must
> confront a violent gang in her hometown. Mark Webber, Tone Bell, Jake
> Weary, Gabriel Basso and Anthony Michael Hall also star. 1h 46m.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnHTLh6ruW0
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81064546
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834874/

I'd almost be interested in this, for Anthony Michael Hall, but it's on
the Netflix, which nobody gets!

> Taylor Swift vs Scooter Braun: Bad Blood      [new]         (3:01 am, Max)
>
> The 2x60 docuseries explores the gripping feud between global
> pop-superstar Taylor Swift and music industry mogul Scooter Braun,
> delving into the $300 million dispute after Braun bought the rights to
> Swift's first six albums in June 2019.

That would be two hours of my life I would never get back!!

> Kung Fu Panda 4        (movie; streaming premiere)         (3:01 am,
> Peacock)
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21692408/     [rating 6.3]

Yeah, I think Peacock may have mentioned this to me!...  ;p

> Killing Hip Hop       (documentary)         (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> Hip Hop, America’s beloved genre, has given rise to modern day prophets.
> But, too often, their stardom has deadly consequences. "Killing Hip Hop"
> is a deep dive into these lives and premature deaths. [Presumably the
> four-episode series listed on IMDb, below.]
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32431832/

Bah!

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> No Time To Spy: A Loud House Movie       (movie)        (7 pm, Nickelodeon)
>
> Animated film.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gPGMqXUFl0

I prefer the live-action spinoff.

> Note: There is no premiere on Hallmark Mystery tonight. The 9 pm movie
> is a 2023 Christmas film, "Mystery on Mistletoe Lane," starring the
> ever-popular duo of Erica Cerra and Victor Webster.

Erica!!

> (end)

I was hoping for more here - even Tubi has let us down!!  :(