Article <v4pogk$qqil$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4pogk$qqil$1@dont-email.me>

From: sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Yard Work
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 09:33:25 -0700

On 6/12/2024 7:51 AM, AMuzi wrote:

<snip>

> Around my old house the trend starting around 1998 was to get a "native
> grasses and wildflowers" permit.  The results were three foot tall
> jungles, thick with trash and debris and naturally rodent nests.

It is true that if the homeowner can demonstrate that the yard has
native plants, rather than weeds, that they can not have to cut them
below the weed height limit.

We had one resident come to a city council meeting with detailed photos
that specified the species of each of the native plants in his yard. I
think that the neighbors had complained because he had other trash in
his yard.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not