Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4pp32$o4pv$2@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: RTD in the Radio Times.
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 17:43:13 +0100

On 17/06/2024 11:26, Daniel70 wrote:
> Hornplayer9599 wrote on 17/6/24 9:38 am:

>> Okay, George, let's take Doomcock's figures at face value...even
>> though he himself said that they were unverifiable, and hasn't
>> mentioned them since (he's only dealt with the UK numbers since...and
>> as you know, those /are/ verified).
>
> I don't know what happens now but, back in the Day, Some small portion
> of the population (maybe 0.1%) would actually be surveyed as to what
> they watched on their T.V.'s, how many in the Household watched, the
> economic standing of household members, etc, and these numbers were
> multiplied up to give 'population' numbers.
>
> Is this still, effectively, what happens in Britain and Ireland??

No it isn't. The sample are all given set top boxes which count what
they watch and how long they watch it for. As little as 10 seconds
counts as a view.

> If so, I could understand why it might take sooooo long for Disney to
> come up with a number for the rest of the world.

Disney are not publishing the figures because the viewers for the
programmes on their service are virtually non existent. The same goes
for every other streaming service. At least Amazon Prime offers free
next day shipping and even same day and before 1pm shipping if you spend
over £20.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner