Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4pt40$rpkr$1@dont-email.me>

From: Agent Jakanov <mouth@onlegs.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Steven Moffat rages at cancel culture
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 17:52:00 -0000 (UTC)

'We’re all hypocrites!' Steven Moffat rages at cancel culture: 'Only
happens to the good guys!'

https://www.gbnews.com/celebrity/steven-moffat-cancel-culture-hypocrisy-
douglas-is-cancelled

"(Cancel culture) is thousands of years old. Socrates got cancelled,
Jesus of Nazareth got cancelled … and we’re all hypocrites," he began.

Douglas is Cancelled: ITV drama is written by Steven Moffat ITV
Moffat contoinued to the Sunday Times: "We’re outraged when someone who
thinks the way we do is cancelled, but we’re perfectly happy to cancel
someone else.

"But cancellation only works on people who are capable of shame and wish
to be well thought of. In other words, it only really works on quite
good people.

"It’s a smart bomb that can only take out people who at least aspire to
virtue: you can’t cancel Hitler, you can’t cancel Donald Trump - you
can’t, and they won’t care.