Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4q4r7$suf3$1@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: RTD in the Radio Times.
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 21:03:50 +0100

On 17/06/2024 20:28, Blueshirt wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:
>>
>> Most people giving the episode 9 or 10 probably haven't
>> watched it either, and that takes away 67.5% of the viewers
>> along with another 5.5% thus your estimate doesn't hold water.
>> Only 17% of your 2 million actually watched the episode for
>> more than 10 seconds, ie. 340,000 and no more world wide.
>> That's closer to Doomcocks figure but doesn't take into
>> account the fact than when Whittaker finished her run she was
>> only getting 100,000 views on BBC America.
>>
>> A better worldwide estimate would be 75,000. 50,000 in the US
>> and Canada and 25,000 elsewhere since it's not being shown on
>> Disney+ in either the UK or Republic of Ireland.
>>
>> And that still doesn't tell us how many people watched each
>> episode all the way through from start to end. 300 maybe?
>> Doctor Whoke doesn't represent British culture as the
>> Americans and foreigners see it so that is probably a fair
>> estimate.
>>
>> Then you need to ask how many people actually watched the
>> episode all the way through in the UK? Most of them probably
>> switched out before the episode ended or tuned in at the end
>> to watch the football. At best I would say only 200,000, most
>> likely only 20,000.
>
> Most fans of a TV show do not switch it off after twenty
> seconds... you are constantly inventing false narratives to back

Fans? I'm not talking about fans, I'm talking about viewers? 10 seconds
of viewing time is all it takes to count someone as a viewers.

> up your delusional figures. Are the official ratings not low
> enough for you?

My figures are statistically accurate and represent real viewer
behaviour as opposed to your delusional fantasies. 99% of viewers only
watch for barely over 10 seconds and then they're gone to see if
something else is any better. Divide the viewing figures by 100 and
that's approximately how many people have actually watch the entire
episode. That is what is bourn out by YouTube and every YouTuber knows
this and also knows it applies to ordinary television too.

Going by Doomcocks figures only 50,000 people watched the first 2
episodes. That's 25,000 an episode and 99% of that is people dropped out
at various points and for various reasons before the episode ended. Did
you actually watch Doomcocks video until the end because it's obvious
you missed his main point. 99% of the audience did not finish the whole
episode. He could have derived it from his YouTube statistics which are
no different to mine as a 10,000 viewer sample is perfectly good enough
statistically. 99% of the audience left before it ended. Only 25,000/100
people watched the episode from start to finish. That's only 250 people.
That's the real audience of Doctor Whoke. Even in the UK only 200,000
people watched the last episode from start to finish. What's Doctor
Whoke's real audience figure.

>> Let Disney+ publish their numbers along with total duration
>> viewed and let the BBC do the same, otherwise my and
>> Doomcock's estimates stick. Doomcock after all said most
>> viewers tuned out for various reasons before each episode
>> ended.
>
> How could anyone, apart from Disney, know that somebody gave up
> on an episode of Doctor Who before the end? It's not possible

Because Disney collects viewer stats the same way YouTube does. It's
100% possible. Only 1% of viewers finish the episode.

> for anyone to know this sort of thing, unless they have access
> to official Disney streaming data, which they themselves rarely
> even publish!!! But, a guy on the internet KNOWS!

It's called statistical extrapolation. Doomcock has a YouTube channel
and that channel has stats just like mine does and just like Disney+.
The general trend of the statistics is exactly the same. Doomcock being
intelligent can easily work this out from his only channel's statistics
just like I did from mine. Only 1% of viewers finish watching each
episode. That was the entire point of Doomcock's video.

> Er, okay...
>
> Methinks there is going to be some major goal-post shifting
> going on if Disney extend their partnership with the BBC for
> more seasons of Doctor Who...
>
> (I will bookmark your posts so that we can revisit this
> discussion if/when that scenario happens!)

So far not one single platform streaming or cable has renewed it's
contract with the BBC for Doctor Whoke. Don't expect Disney to be any
different. The viewing figures have been totally appalling ever since
Doctor Who went totally woke.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner