Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4qfno$vbhu$1@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: RTD in the Radio Times.
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 00:09:43 +0100

On 17/06/2024 21:48, Blueshirt wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:
>
>> On 17/06/2024 20:28, Blueshirt wrote:
>>>
>>> Most fans of a TV show do not switch it off after twenty
>>> seconds... you are constantly inventing false narratives to
>>> back up your delusional figures.
>>
>> Fans? I'm not talking about fans, I'm talking about viewers?
>> 10 seconds of viewing time is all it takes to count someone as
>> a viewers.
>
> Doctor Who has fans too, believe it or not, quite a lot of
> them... and they would generally watch until the end of the
> episode. (They might skip the credits though, I do.)
>
>>> Are the official ratings not low enough for you?
>>
>> My figures are statistically accurate and represent real
>> viewer behaviour as opposed to your delusional fantasies. 99%
>> of viewers only watch for barely over 10 seconds and then
>> they're gone to see if something else is any better. Divide
>> the viewing figures by 100 and that's approximately how many
>> people have actually watch the entire episode. That is what is
>> bourn out by YouTube and every YouTuber knows this and also
>> knows it applies to ordinary television too.
>>
>> Going by Doomcocks figures only 50,000 people watched the
>> first 2 episodes. That's 25,000 an episode and 99% of that is
>> people dropped out at various points and for various reasons
>> before the episode ended. Did you actually watch Doomcocks
>> video until the end because it's obvious you missed his main
>> point. 99% of the audience did not finish the whole episode.
>> He could have derived it from his YouTube statistics which are
>> no different to mine as a 10,000 viewer sample is perfectly
>> good enough statistically. 99% of the audience left before it
>> ended. Only 25,000/100 people watched the episode from start
>> to finish. That's only 250 people. That's the real audience of
>> Doctor Whoke. Even in the UK only 200,000 people watched the
>> last episode from start to finish. What's Doctor Whoke's real
>> audience figure.
>
> "Going by Doomcock's figures" is probably where you are going
> wrong, as I suspect they are just made up. If so, the base
> figure for your statistics would be wrong, which would then mean
> your guesstimate would be wrong too.
>
> Unless Doomcock can prove otherwise, his figures are just OTT
> claims to attract viewers and likes for his channel. If he is
> the one making the claim he needs to back his figures up with a
> source. You wouldn't trust a history book that didn't list its
> sources, but you blindly follow what a guy in a mask says on
> YouTube?!

And yet the show runner wants us to believe Isaac Newton was an Indian.

Who is more credible as a source of accurate information? Doomcock or
RTD? I say Doomcock.

>>> How could anyone, apart from Disney, know that somebody gave
>>> up on an episode of Doctor Who before the end? It's not
>>> possible
>>
>> Because Disney collects viewer stats the same way YouTube
>> does. It's 100% possible. Only 1% of viewers finish the
>> episode.
>
> Stop being stupid. 99% of the people who sit down to watch
> Disney + and then click on an episode of Doctor Who do not
> switch off half way through. Why would they? They made a choice

Wrong. My YouTube statistics show that they don't. Only 1% watches all
the way through. Doomcock's alleged inside source says much the same
thing. Most viewers stopped watching before each episode ended.

> to click on a Doctor Who episode. It's not like flicking through

I made lots of choices to click on Prime Video episodes. Most I did not
watch. Some it was to rewind to recap on the previous episode before
watching the next and that only lasted about 10 seconds.

> channels on a Sky box, you can't land on Doctor Who by accident!

Yes it is. You can land on Doctor Whoke by clicking on an ad. Then you
watch 10 seconds and figure out it's woke crap so stop watching. See,
you've shot yourself in the foot. This must be what Doomcock is talking
about.

> It's possible some people might not like an episode and decide
> to watch something else, but 99% of its viewers? Nah, not having
> it. That's a ludicrous claim.

It's 99%. That's why my and probably Doomcock's YouTube statistics both
show. I don't like it that hardly any of my 11,000 viewers are watching
all the way through or even for one round of combat, but I know it's true.

>>> for anyone to know this sort of thing, unless they have
>>> access to official Disney streaming data, which they
>>> themselves rarely even publish!!! But, a guy on the internet
>>> KNOWS!
>>
>> It's called statistical extrapolation. Doomcock has a YouTube
>> channel and that channel has stats just like mine does and
>> just like Disney+. The general trend of the statistics is
>> exactly the same. Doomcock being intelligent can easily work
>> this out from his only channel's statistics just like I did
>> from mine. Only 1% of viewers finish watching each episode.
>> That was the entire point of Doomcock's video.
>
> Videos on YouTube channels are not TV shows on a streaming
> platform, with a story that keeps people engaged. Doomcock's

Statistically they are identical and most people are more likely to
watch a round of combat than crap, degenerate, badly written woke soap
opera written for women and political lecturing. Especially when 80-90%
of the audience are men.

> YouTube channel is not Doctor Who... he'd have to have a base

But it's about Doctor Who and it gets more views than virtually every
other Doctor Who channel including the official BBC Doctor Who channel.

> figure of Doctor Who viewers to extrapolate from, but Disney

No, all he has to do is see how many people are watching his videos and
figure out how many of them are watching them all the way through by
comparing views with total duration watched. Why do you think BARB
doesn't publish the total duration watched? It's because only 1% of
viewers do that.

Even in the old days when people kept notebooks of what they watched
they made most of it up based on suggestions by the person collecting
the data and claimed to watch something if they only watched about 30
seconds of it. I've seen it being done.

> provides none, so using his YouTube channel's figures is like
> comparing Apples and Oranges.

No it isn't. It's comparing like for like.

> People only turn off videos on YouTube as some creators never
> know when to STFU! Some of them go on and on and on. They could
> make their point in a more concise way. A lot of them just love
> the sound of their own voice and think their opinions are the
> only one that counts... hence why people switch them off!

People watch YouTube commentators because those commentors reflect their
own likes and dislikes and views and opinions unlike the shills and
gritters that write reviews for the access media.

Either way because the videos are advertised to everyone 99% of the
viewers barely watch for 1 minute at most on average and then turn off.
That's how advertising works. Only 1% of your intended audience at most
actually buys your product. Most of the time it's more like 0.1% or
0.01% or less.