Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4s1kl$1c3jr$5@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: 5th Circuit Strikes Down Bump Stock Ban
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 09:21:25 -0400

On 6/15/24 8:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <17d9412e82a8a311$8843$3053472$46d50c60@news.newsdemon.com>,
>   trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> So, bump-stocks are patently a "workaround" for a law whose intent is
>>> patently obvious.  Not exactly a triumph of sanity.
>>

>> "A work around" is accurate. And the spirit of the law is far more
>> important, obviously, than the letter of the law
>
> Oh, cool! I see Hutt the Fuck-Up Fairy has visited us again!
>
> No, Hutt, you're unsurprisingly about as absolutely wrong as you can be
> yet again.
>
> The letter of the law is obviously paramount in the context of
> jurisprudential determination as evidenced by the 1000-page statutes we
> have coming out of Congress, millions of pages of administrative
> regulations, and the multi-page click-thrus of tiny and
> near-hieroglyphic legalese that you have to agree to just to use a piece
> of software.
>
> If all we needed to concern ourselves with was a law's "spirit", then
> none of that would be necessary.
>
> I'd elaborate further but I don't have the time or the crayons to
> explain it to you. Jeezus, Hutt, if I wanted to kill myself, I'd climb
> your ego and jump to your IQ.

And how does using a bump stock differ from a fully automatic machine gun?

Both give the same result from the same single function of pulling a
trigger and maintaining constant pressure.

The court could have determined it met that standard, but it was struck
down by an illegitimate and corrupt court because they were paid to
strike it down.

--
On May 30, 2024 Donald J. Trump was unanimously convicted on 34 felony
counts in New York City... so I took this picture in my side yard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0