Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4skv6$1fm3k$3@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: RTD in the Radio Times.
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 19:51:18 +0100

On 18/06/2024 11:54, Blueshirt wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:
>
>> On 17/06/2024 21:48, Blueshirt wrote:
>>
>>> It's possible some people might not like an episode and
>>> decide to watch something else, but 99% of its viewers? Nah,
>>> not having it. That's a ludicrous claim.
>>
>> It's 99%. That's why my and probably Doomcock's YouTube
>> statistics both show. I don't like it that hardly any of my
>> 11,000 viewers are watching all the way through or even for
>> one round of combat, but I know it's true.
>
> Clearly your YouTube gaming channel isn't very entertaining
> then! Me and my son often watch Boit TV for Age of Mythology
> streams on YouTube and if it's an interesting battle we'd watch
> all the way through, otherwise we'd skip forward bit by bit or
> maybe even turn off after a while. Generally though we would
> watch the majority of the video. If I am working I am more
> likely to skip through bits as 40-50 minute games are too long
> for a tea break. My behaviour for watching TV shows on
> Netflix/Prime/Disney+ (etc.) is completely different to how I
> watch YouTube gaming channels.
>
> If people are only watching 20/30 seconds of your gaming channel
> videos I'd say you need to make your games a bit more
> interesting then... maybe spend less time obsessing about
> Doctor Who ratings and more time practising your combat skills!

The same average duration watched applies to every YouTube video or
channel no matter what the content. There's virtually no dependence on
the content type. Though shorter 10 to 15 minute videos do better than
others since that's always been the ideal length.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner