Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4vlh4$22nbj$5@dont-email.me>

From: Cursitor Doom <cd999666@notformail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: Democracy in Action - German Style!
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 22:19:16 -0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 16:48:45 -0400, Phil Hobbs wrote:

> On 2024-06-19 13:13, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> The AFD is a middle of the road Conservative party in Germany and is
>> now the second most popular party in the country. So what do the
>> Lefties want to do? Ban it, of course!
>> This is the New Left's answer to everything and everyone that doesn't
>> share their "progressive" beliefs: declare it as extreme and ban it.
>> Small wonder there was a recent planned putsch in the country. What a
>> pity it failed!
>>

>> https://www.zerohedge.com/political/germany-moves-closer-afd-ban-green-
>> claims-party-security-risk-people-democracy
>>
> You're looking at one.
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil Hobbs

The funny thing is, the people who are trying to ban the AFD are the CDU!
They are equivalent to the Conservative Party in the UK and have become
essentially a *fake* right-wing party. Both the CDU and the CP in Britain
have been slowly sliding further to the Left in recent times, hoping that
no one would notice. It's left a glaring great hole on the political Right
so traditional conservatives had no representation. But nature abhors a
vacuum so the AFD arose in Germany and the Reform Party in the UK. The
Reform Party can expect similar treatment in due course I would guess (if
they too become a threat to the status quo - which seemingly they suddenly
have....)
This is going to be a very interesting year for politics in the Europe and
America.