Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v50ebg$2e7t2$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: Democracy in Action - German Style!
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 15:22:29 +1000

On 20/06/2024 8:19 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 16:48:45 -0400, Phil Hobbs wrote:
>
>> On 2024-06-19 13:13, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>>> The AFD is a middle of the road Conservative party in Germany and is
>>> now the second most popular party in the country. So what do the
>>> Lefties want to do? Ban it, of course!
>>> This is the New Left's answer to everything and everyone that doesn't
>>> share their "progressive" beliefs: declare it as extreme and ban it.
>>> Small wonder there was a recent planned putsch in the country. What a
>>> pity it failed!
>>>

>>> https://www.zerohedge.com/political/germany-moves-closer-afd-ban-green-
>>> claims-party-security-risk-people-democracy
>>>
>> You're looking at one.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Phil Hobbs
>
> The funny thing is, the people who are trying to ban the AFD are the CDU!
> They are equivalent to the Conservative Party in the UK and have become
> essentially a *fake* right-wing party.

Not as lunatic right wing as Cursitor Dooom Would like.

> Both the CDU and the CP in Britain
> have been slowly sliding further to the Left in recent times, hoping that
> no one would notice.

Not from the point of view of anybody remotely sane, which Cursitor Doom
isn't.

> It's left a glaring great hole on the political Right
> so traditional conservatives had no representation. But nature abhors a
> vacuum so the AFD arose in Germany and the Reform Party in the UK.

There are always enough lunatics around - Cursitor Doom is an example -
to support a small lunatic right party.

> The Reform Party can expect similar treatment in due course I would guess (if
> they too become a threat to the status quo - which seemingly they suddenly
> have....)
 >
> This is going to be a very interesting year for politics in the Europe and
> America.

Will the lunatics get to run the asylum? Four years of Trump mainly lead
to many avoidable US Covid-19 deaths. His supporters still haven't
realised it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

www.norton.com