Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v50n90$2fso4$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: RTD in the Radio Times.
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 07:55:12 -0000 (UTC)

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <v4vmcd$26h8e$1@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor  <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dave doesn’t know history. He doesn’t even realise that no one who wrote
>> any of the New Testament ever met Jesus, in all probability. Only Paul was
>> even more or less a contemporary of Jesus. And was not a follower of Jesus
>> until after his death.
>>

> A pair of collaberating liars in actions.
>
> and revisionists in action!

What is the lie or revision here Dave?

Bible scholars say:

Saul, who became Paul, had his conversion after the death of Jesus.

Luke, who wrote the Gospel of Luke and Acts of the Apostles, was a student
of Paul and one of the “seventy apostles”.

Matthew and Mark seem to have been written in the later part of the first
Century and had the names of two of the first twelve apostles added in the
second century to give them more authority. They could have been written
after conversation with very old disciples, but more likely were third or
fourth hand codifications of oral traditions. Now there is a case for the
authors of these gospels to be “revisionists”, as they added the names of
disciples to their works, but if the content was authentically believed to
be recorded based on hearsay testimony relating to those disciples then
that seems harsh.

John appears to have been written last of the gospels, and with Christian
theology already well established. There is a lot of commentary and
spiritual interpretation for the specific benefit of Greeks. Again, the
author is not believed to be one of the disciples who were all long dead
when the book was written.

None of the writers of the epistles, even when their names are the same as
names of disciples, are believed to be written by the disciples themselves
or until decades after the death of Jesus.

And the Revelation of John was written much later by yet another John.

Note Dave: none of the above makes the New Testament any more or less
relevant to Christians. It just means that none of the Bible was written by
Jesus or by any direct witness to the words or acts described in it. Which
is a simple statement of fact.

But back to the point where you started this: where in the Bible does it
say that Jesus (not his followers, or ancient Jewish priests laying down
the laws of men) - that Jesus condemns homosexuals(well, physical acts that
are homosexual in nature - the concept as such didn’t exist back then)?
That was your claim. What is its Biblical basis?

Hint: You need a Book, Chapter and Verses that attribute their words to
Jesus.

Simply shouting the name of a book of the Bible, or quoting specific parts
not stated to be the words of Jesus, is not proof of your assertion.

--
“Most of the Universe is knackered, babes.”  - The Doctor