Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v518pd$2j1fj$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Dave Yadallee denies reality, bears false witness
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 12:54:05 -0000 (UTC)

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <v514su$2ib32$1@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor  <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>> The Slave to AI <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>> Liar!  n fact, booth you and Solar Penguin and cut-and-lie liars!
>>
>> That is just, as Daniel would call it, gobbledegook, Dave.
>>
>> You’re getting very angry about not what I believe, or what solar penguin
>> believes, but about accepted Biblical scholarship.
>>
>> No-one with any education about or understanding of the history of
>> Christianity believes that any of the New Testament was written by any of
>> Jesus’ contemporaries, or anyone who knew him personally.
>>
>> Some of Paul’s letters (but not all) are believed to have been written by
>> Paul who was effectively one of the second generation of apostles. Acts and
>> Luke were written by one of Paul’s students. All the other writings are -
>> well - later, and by other early Christians.
>>
>> None of that means that those books can’t have been divinely inspired or
>> influenced. As I wrote previously in-thread (and you seem to have ignored
>> because you were too focused on avoiding being caught in your own error):
>> none of the above makes the New Testament any more or less relevant to
>> Christians. It just means that none of the Bible was written by Jesus or by
>> any direct witness to the words or acts described in it. Which is a simple
>> statement of fact.
>>
>> It doesn’t make all the content false, though some of it is clearly
>> apocryphal and some is contradictory of other parts, so it CANNOT all be
>> literally true. When two writers flat out contradict each other, at least
>> one of them MUST be wrong.
>>
>> Anyone who doesn’t understand that the Bible was written by men, after the
>> death of Jesus, by people who never met him, and that it is not completely
>> consistent, is uneducated. Anyone who refuses to believe it, when shown, is
>> frankly a deluded idiot.
>>
>> But back to the point where you started this: where in the Bible does it
>> say that Jesus (not his followers, or ancient Jewish priests laying down
>> the laws of men) - that Jesus condemns homosexuals (well, physical acts
>> that are homosexual in nature - the concept as such didn’t exist back
>> then)?
>>
>> That was your claim. What is its Biblical basis?
>>
>> Hint: You need a Book, Chapter and Verses that attribute this sentiment to
>> Jesus.
>
> I did you cut and lie freaks!

Where? I saw you post a comment about Romans I (which contains statements
by Paul but nothing from Jesus).

Then you suggested I check Acts of the Apostles (which, of course , is
about things apostles said and did, not Jesus). That’s hardly chapter and
verse is it?

You have not provided a quote attributed to Jesus on this subject. To
falsely claim otherwise while bearing false witness against others by
accusing them of lying is doubling down on your sinfulness.

If you provide chapter and verse on what Jesus said about homosexuals, I
will be happy to confirm better it says what you claim it does.

If you can let me know where you previously provided this chapter and verse
reference, I will apologise abjectly for calling you a liar if you weren’t.

Similarly of course, I would hope that you would apologise for calling me a
liar when you realise you have provided no such reference previously. Any
Christian would do that.

I would also hope that, when you can’t find any evidence anywhere that
Jesus (not Paul, Jesus) condemned homosexuality, you will admit as much and
recall that Jesus’ general position on all sins and sinners apply - that he
would welcome them into the fold if they repent any sin. He also never
suggested that two men - or two women - loving each other was of itself
sinful. Indeed he commended us all to “Love thy neighbour as thyself”, with
no restrictions on the sex of who we should love.

I point this out as a happily married heterosexual male fully educated in
the Christian tradition, who actually knows what most of the Bible actually
says.

Almost none of the previous sentence would seem to apply to you - I’ll give
you “male” though. You seem to be fond of believing what some others tell
you about the Bible without actually checking it, no matter how mendacious
they are being.

--
“Most of the Universe is knackered, babes.”  - The Doctor