Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v52m6e$2usni$8@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Donald Sutherland Has Died at 88
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 21:49:02 -0400

On 6/20/24 6:46 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2024 17:40:19 -0400, Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>>> Obit from Variety:
>>>
>>> https://variety.com/2024/film/news/donald-sutherland-dead-mash-hunger-
>> games-1236043323/
>>>

>>> He's had a long career, and was working pretty much right
>>> up until the end. That's a good run.
>>>
>> He was one of my favorite actors. The guy could be believable
>> in just about any part handed to him
>>
>> In his honor, I've pulled out the DVDs for Kelly's Heroes
>> and The Eagle Has Landed for weekend viewing.
>>
>> R.I.P. Donald. :(
>>
>> Nyssa, who has MASH, but on VHS and doesn't want to
>> fiddle with the combo player on the other TV to watch
>> it again
>
> I thought he was great in MASH but for my money his role as the
> president in Hunger Games was better yet. (With his best scene being
> where he forced his subordinate to take poison - I don't recall a more
> evil character in the movies!)
>
> I see IMDB has already acknowledged his passing and updated his dates
> in his personal entry.

Always was partial to The Great Train Robbery... Connery and Sutherland
heist movie was gold.

--
On May 30, 2024 Donald J. Trump was unanimously convicted on 34 felony
counts in New York City... so I took this picture in my side yard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0