Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v52mor$2v3bk$1@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: California Bans Non-White Paper Shooting Targets
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 21:58:49 -0400

On 6/20/24 9:21 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <v52f3h$2q3gj$1@dont-email.me>,
>   "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Ah, California... the stupidity never stops. <sigh>
>>
>>> This is the target we used for requals. We always questioned why it is that
>>> we were only shooting white guys.
>>
>>> --------------------
>>> https://americancop.com/banning-targets/
>>
>>> Since at least 2013, a tremendous number of agencies have suffered from
>>> "Good Idea Fairy" visits. I’m specifically addressing those "good ideas"
>>> that will reportedly fix society's ills but have little to no factual
>>> foundation. Generally, these stem from politicians "doing something" to fix
>>> a problem.
>>
>>> Some of these include-- claiming there is no national standard for using
>>> force while trying to throw out Graham v Connor, ignoring SCOTUS rulings
>>> like United States v Whren to attack pro-active policing, or protesting the
>>> release of positive body-worn camera footage.
>>
>> Wait. What? I thought the whole point of footage from body-worn cameras
>> was to produce needed evidence and to make it publicly available.
>
> No, it was to jam up cops and put them in jail. When the body cam
> footage started exonerating cops and exposing the lies, false complaints
> and general assholery of the criminals far more often than it ever shows
> police misbehavior, the grievance groups did a complete 180 and now
> routinely oppose the release of body cam footage.

Put a few of them in jail, didn't it?

And you're full of shit, as usual.

"A comprehensive review of 70 studies of body-worn cameras use found
that the larger body of research on body-worn cameras showed no
consistent or no statistically significant effects. This meta-analysis
was rated by CrimeSolutions and resulted in a No Effects rating for the
impact of body-worn cameras on use of force, assaults on officers,
officer-initiated calls for service, arrests, traffic stops and tickets,
and field interviews."

Keep bullshitting... some say it might work.

--
On May 30, 2024 Donald J. Trump was unanimously convicted on 34 felony
counts in New York City... so I took this picture in my side yard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0