Article <v5435h$lkkb$4@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5435h$lkkb$4@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: H(D,D) cannot even be asked about the behavior of D(D) ---
 Boilerplate Reply
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 10:36:32 -0400
 <v4ha63$3v16r$2@i2pn2.org> <v4hfq9$2sdqr$5@dont-email.me>
 <v4hp3r$3viml$1@i2pn2.org> <v4hv85$3021v$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4ju8f$222a$1@i2pn2.org> <v4k1m4$3f99u$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4k4mt$3fnqu$1@dont-email.me> <v4maeo$3vv3f$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4mnim$1qt6$6@dont-email.me> <v4onga$hjo3$3@dont-email.me>
 <v4pbg4$ln46$1@dont-email.me> <v4rdtp$18al3$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4rvil$1boeu$2@dont-email.me> <v4s9hj$1dnm7$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4sa0h$1dk9i$3@dont-email.me> <v4sci6$1ebce$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4sd35$1eb2f$5@dont-email.me> <v4u3jl$1se49$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4umvh$1vpm0$7@dont-email.me> <v50d8k$2e51s$1@dont-email.me>
 <v50dtp$2e5ij$1@dont-email.me> <v51f4t$2k8ar$1@dont-email.me>
 <v51ge4$2kbbe$2@dont-email.me> <v52mil$jund$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v52n3h$2v5s6$1@dont-email.me> <v52p32$jund$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v52pht$2vh9u$1@dont-email.me> <v52qat$jund$9@i2pn2.org>
 <v52s4l$2vlma$1@dont-email.me> <v52td1$june$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v52tul$307ee$1@dont-email.me>

On 6/21/24 12:01 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/20/2024 10:52 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> _DDD()
>>> [00002093] 55               push ebp
>>> [00002094] 8bec             mov ebp,esp
>>> [00002096] 6893200000       push 00002093 ; push DDD
>>> [0000209b] e853f4ffff       call 000014f3 ; call HH0
>>> [000020a0] 83c404           add esp,+04
>>> [000020a3] 5d               pop ebp
>>> [000020a4] c3               ret
>>> Size in bytes:(0018) [000020a4]
>>>
>>> There is no mapping to the behavior of DDD correctly emulated
>>> by any x86 emulator based decider that can possibly exist to
>>> the behavior of DDD that reaches past its own machine address
>>> [0000209b] *you have always know this and lied about it*
>>>
>>> *I truly hope you repent. I don't want you to be condemned to Hell*
>>>

>> It doesn't need to be simulated by the decider!
>>

> That is the only definitive way to determine the
> actual behavior that the finite string specifies.

It is the only was to COMPUTE the actual behavior, but to DETERMINE it
doesn't need that.

Your problem is you don't have the right definition of TRUTH, so none of
your logic works.

Remember, Truth can be established by an infinite number of steps in the
system. We can determine it is true, if we find a meta-system for that
system which allows an induction or similar operation that allows us to
convert that infinte chain in the system to something finite.

Thus, for DDD, we can use logic that says that *IF* HH0(DDD) returns an
answer, then DDD *WILL* halt.

So, HH0(DDD) returning 0 can not be correct.

In system, with a specific definition of HH0, we can prove this in a
finite number of steps by just running the execution of DDD, and
stepping though every step of HH0 simulating the input it was given, and
then eventually giving up and returning to DDD and halting.

In a meta-system, we can argue about ALL HH0's with different classes of
results, and prove more general cases.

So, no it isn't the only difinitive way to determine the actual behavior
(that is the simulation of DDD by HH0), we can simulate that DDD using a
particular HH0 with a real correct simulator and get the behavior,

Remember, only PROGRAMS have this sort of behavior, and thus the HH0
that DDD is tied to is part of the definition of DDD when we ask about
its halting behavior,