Article <v54rgl$3bmb8$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v54rgl$3bmb8$1@dont-email.me>

From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: Doctor Who Ratings PLUMMET To Historic 60 Year LOWS | Aggressively Gay Agenda Drives Audience AWAY!:
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 09:32:05 +1200

On 2024-06-21 18:40:21 +0000, Nataly Rosales said:
> In article <v4rq32$1agf8$4@dont-email.me>, weberm@polaris.net wrote:
>>
>> Doctor Who is a ratings failure, as Russell T. Davies admitted in a recent
>> interview!  Now the numbers are coming out, and one thing is clear: Doctor
>> Who has lost its audience, and thanks to Chris Chibnall, Ncuti Gatwa and
>> Russell T. Davies, Doctor Who is now a zombie franchise, as the Skull of
>> Calderon attests in this video! #disney #doctorwho #bbc
>>
>> https://youtu.be/JmWtOELURn0?si=jjAtZwma0Abq0NWO
>
> WOW who knew that making a crappy agenda driven series while telling fans to
> go touch grass has consequences. Sadly, as long as Disney is the piggybank
> nothing will change on Dr Who

Absolutely no surprise at all.

Not just the 'Politically Correct' idiocy, but also the moving to the
Disney+ subscriber-only channel. In places like New Zealand (if it was
ever included in the almighty ratings numbers anyway) where Doctor Who
used to be broadcast on a free-to-air TV channel, they've now lost a
huge number of even potential viewers because people simply don't want
/ can't afford to subscribe.

No doubt the move was mainly based on the massive "bonus" the idiot
managers in charge got for making the stupid decision.