Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v550m9$3chnl$1@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: RTD in the Radio Times.
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 00:00:23 +0100
 <xn0on2i1cg4kjcs003@post.eweka.nl> <v4ibcj$326dt$2@dont-email.me>
 <xn0on3kobh3r1i4001@post.eweka.nl> <v4li3e$3rtm0$3@dont-email.me>
 <xn0on5eyej4hokc000@post.eweka.nl> <THKbO.75900$2RJ6.8979@fx05.ams4>
 <v4od3t$fqui$3@dont-email.me> <v4p6t8$krih$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4p8ql$l86u$1@dont-email.me> <v4pk6u$nbil$1@dont-email.me>
 <xn0on6qnokg2pcq001@post.eweka.nl> <v4q4r7$suf3$1@dont-email.me>
 <xn0on6sl8kiq6tg000@post.eweka.nl> <v4qfno$vbhu$1@dont-email.me>
 <xn0on7rbhlcoiwg001@post.eweka.nl> <v4skcr$1fm3k$1@dont-email.me>
 <xn0on94jkmqbj06002@post.eweka.nl> <v4vf3s$24414$1@dont-email.me>
 <xn0onc9c1q0x4wx000@post.eweka.nl>

On 21/06/2024 18:10, Blueshirt wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:

>>> Don't confuse critical acclaim with viewers. According to
>>> what I read on Variety at the weekend "The Acolyte" is
>>> getting good viewing figures... I think they had it in the
>>> top three most
>>
>> LOL... No one is watching The Acolyte. That's why Disney won't
>> publish the real figures. All that it's done is advertised
>> this pile of badly written woke crap to hell to every single
>> paying subscriber, they few of them that at left, and they
>> clicked on the link and watched for 10 seconds and then turned
>> it off which still counts as a view.
>>
>> The Acolyte has been universally condemned by almost all Star
>> Wars fans as a complete abomination.
>
> Quality and quantity are two different things. I have watched
> "The Acolyte", have you? I know it's rubbish because I have sat
> through three episodes... you only think it's rubbish because
> people on YouTube said so!
>
>>> streamed US TV show. So we might not like "The Acolyte", but
>>> it seems that people on Disney+ are still watching it.
>>
>> Rubbish.
>
> Try again. It's still getting millions of viewers. Even the
> YouTube critics are watching every episode or they wouldn't be
> able to produce their content!

>>> They're watching it, but they don't like it.
>>
>> They've been conned into watching it and probably only 0.1% to
>> 0.01% have watched each episode all the way through.
>>
>>> Disney actually announced viewing figures for "The Acolyte"
>>> after it's first week. Which means they are happy to blow
>>> their own trumpet when they think it's good news...
>>
>> They announced lies, like the productivity statistics the pigs
>> made up on Animal Farm while all the animals were starving and
>> barely able to work.
>
> Disney can spin figures but I doubt they'd outright lie, or why
> bother saying anything in the first place? They've not said
> anything about Doctor Who viewing figures. (Which says enough I
> suppose.)

They have watched it for me so that I don't have to and I am about to do
that same favour by watching the season finale of Doctor Whoke.

> https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2024-06-11-the-acolyte-has-the-2nd-least-watched-star-wars-series-premiere/
>>
>> The reality is the The Acolyte is a total flop. And no mention
>> whatsoever of Doctor Whoke in those viewing figures either,
>> which means it's an even bigger flop.
>
> Er... the link you posted backs up my claim that "people are
> watching The Acolyte, they just don't like it"! It got 6.8
> million views (according to your link)... that is not nobody.
> It's more than the population of Ireland!

Let's expose the Disney lies shall we.

6.8 million is for the first 2 episodes, thus each episode only got 3.4
alleged views.

The number of views is over 7 days, thus each episode only got about 0.5
million views overnight.

There are YouTubers who get more views than that and they don't spend
$250 million on their channel to get them.

Disney+ over promoted this woke crap and forced most of their dwindling
subscribers, only about 10% of what they claim are actually active
paying subscribers, to watch it. Thus most subscribers only watched it
for 10 seconds and then turned it off as it was not for them. It's only
being made for lesbian feminist fascist bigots.

So in reality only 1% and probably less watched each episode all the way
through. This gives the first two episodes an overnight audience of only
5,000 viewers each. Still better than Doctor Whoke but totally crap.

Why do you think The Acolyte is not in the Nielsen ratings?

> The fact that other Star Wars shows on Disney+ got more viewers
> is irrelevant, as that wasn't my point! I know "The Acolyte" is
> rubbish, I could have told you that without you needing to open
> YouTube. (In fact, I did.)
>
> If Doctor Who got 6.8 million views on Disney+ you'd still try
> and claim nobody was watching it... based on data from your
> YouTube channel. (Blah blah blah)

The facts show it couldn't have possibly got anywhere near that since on
BBC America it was only getting 100,000 views overnight when Whittaker's
run ended. Even at it's height under Matt Smith the best ratings it
could achieve were between 1 and 2 million.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner