Article <v55iph$nhbb$1@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v55iph$nhbb$1@i2pn2.org>

From: joes <noreply@example.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: H(D,D) cannot even be asked about the behavior of D(D) ---
 Boilerplate Reply
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 04:09:21 -0000 (UTC)
	<v4sd35$1eb2f$5@dont-email.me> <v4u3jl$1se49$1@dont-email.me>
	<v4umvh$1vpm0$7@dont-email.me> <v50d8k$2e51s$1@dont-email.me>
	<v50dtp$2e5ij$1@dont-email.me> <v51f4t$2k8ar$1@dont-email.me>
	<v51ge4$2kbbe$2@dont-email.me> <v52mil$jund$6@i2pn2.org>
	<v52n3h$2v5s6$1@dont-email.me> <v52p32$jund$7@i2pn2.org>
	<v52pht$2vh9u$1@dont-email.me> <v52qat$jund$9@i2pn2.org>
	<v52s4l$2vlma$1@dont-email.me> <v52td1$june$1@i2pn2.org>
	<v52tul$307ee$1@dont-email.me> <v5435h$lkkb$4@i2pn2.org>
	<v54bcf$38n2k$1@dont-email.me> <v54buj$lkkc$4@i2pn2.org>
	<v54cia$38n2k$3@dont-email.me> <v54d41$lkkc$6@i2pn2.org>
	<v54dqe$394bf$1@dont-email.me> <v54eko$lkkb$7@i2pn2.org>
	<v54g5b$394bf$3@dont-email.me> <v54hhp$lkkb$9@i2pn2.org>
	<v54i77$39s3a$2@dont-email.me> <v54iul$lkkc$9@i2pn2.org>
	<v54jo6$3a7vo$1@dont-email.me> <v54kik$lkkb$10@i2pn2.org>
	<v54l91$3a7vo$3@dont-email.me> <v54m58$lkkc$12@i2pn2.org>
	<v54p66$3b4at$1@dont-email.me>

Am Fri, 21 Jun 2024 15:52:21 -0500 schrieb olcott:
> On 6/21/2024 3:00 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

Like every other input, it should map to the behaviour of D(D).
You are talking about H(H, D(D)), which is H simulating itself.
Only if H returns.

>>> If one "defines" that the input to H(D,D) maps to the behavior of D(D)
>>> yet cannot show this because it does not actually map to that behavior
>>> *THEN THE DEFINITION IS SIMPLY WRONG*
Ridiculous. H is wrong. Your modification is not useful.
>> But we CAN show that it maps to the behavior of D(D) (at least when the
>> representation of D includes the H that is giving the 0 answer) by just
>> runnig it and seeing what it does.
> No you cannot show that the mapping for the input to H(D,D) maps to the
> behavior of D(D).
If it doesn't, H is not a simulator.
The input D(D) absolutely describes the behaviour of that machine.
H just can't map it.

> You assume that the call to H(D,D) from D correctly simulated by H *must
> return* against the verified facts that it does not return.
Either H is not a decider or it returns.

> The directly executed D(D) is essentially the first call in a recursive
> chain where the second call is always aborted.
> *these two calls are not identical*
They most definitely are. The input is the same.

> H(D,D) is not free to simply assume that the call from D(D) to H(D,D)
> will return.
Yes it is, because it is a decider. It (incorrectly) aborts nonterminating
inputs.

--
Man kann mit dunklen Zahlen nicht rechnen. Für die eigentliche Mathematik
sind sie vollkommen nutzlos. --Wolfgang Mückenheim