Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v569qr$3ngkr$1@dont-email.me>

From: Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who: RTD in the Radio Times.
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 20:42:36 +1000

Hornplayer9599 wrote on 22/6/24 12:29 am:
> On 6/21/2024 07:45, Daniel70 wrote:
>
>>> iSo either the Holy Bible is 100% factual o is a lie.  No in between.
>
> Parts were written prior to any existing non-Biblical documentation of
> the time to support it (IIRC that would be anything written prior to 950
> BC) and are considered to be Legendary.
>
> Parts are historically accurate, and events and people are supported by
> non-Biblical documentation of the time.
>
> and...
>
> Parts are allegorical.
>
> That being said, that doesn't make the teachings of the Bible any less
> valid, nor does it mean we shouldn't use it as a rule and guide for our
> lives.
>
> These are all things my pastor told us when we were going through our
> confirmation classes.  What was your pastor telling you?

Being Roman Catholic, we didn't have 'Pastors', we had 'Priests' ....
but what's in a word??

And most of my preparation for Confirmation was carried out in Religious
Instruction classes conducted by our teachers, Good Samaritan Nuns in my
case. And soooooo long ago (60'ish years) that I couldn't tell you what
was involved. ;-P
--
Daniel