Article <v56iks$3or0r$6@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v56iks$3or0r$6@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: H(D,D) cannot even be asked about the behavior of D(D) --- Dogma
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 08:12:59 -0500
 <v52n3h$2v5s6$1@dont-email.me> <v52p32$jund$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v52pht$2vh9u$1@dont-email.me> <v52qat$jund$9@i2pn2.org>
 <v52s4l$2vlma$1@dont-email.me> <v52td1$june$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v52tul$307ee$1@dont-email.me> <v5435h$lkkb$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v54bcf$38n2k$1@dont-email.me> <v54buj$lkkc$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v54cia$38n2k$3@dont-email.me> <v54d41$lkkc$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v54dqe$394bf$1@dont-email.me> <v54eko$lkkb$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v54g5b$394bf$3@dont-email.me> <v54hhp$lkkb$9@i2pn2.org>
 <v54i77$39s3a$2@dont-email.me> <v54iul$lkkc$9@i2pn2.org>
 <v54jo6$3a7vo$1@dont-email.me> <v54kik$lkkb$10@i2pn2.org>
 <v54l91$3a7vo$3@dont-email.me> <v54m58$lkkc$12@i2pn2.org>
 <v54p66$3b4at$1@dont-email.me> <v54q7i$lkkc$13@i2pn2.org>
 <v54r4g$3bg8o$1@dont-email.me> <v54scd$lkkb$11@i2pn2.org>
 <v55289$3cthh$1@dont-email.me> <v552tf$lkkb$13@i2pn2.org>
 <v55fn7$3irer$1@dont-email.me> <v55jl3$nhbb$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v55k3f$3jl81$1@dont-email.me> <v56i37$onl3$2@i2pn2.org>

On 6/22/2024 8:03 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 6/22/24 12:31 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> If H really is a decider, it returns.

>>> Unlikely.
>>> Again, the simulation shouldn't change anything.

>>> But D is the same in either case?!

>>> The behaviour changes only because of the called H.
>>>

>> void DDD()
>> {
>>    H0(DDD);
>> }
>>
>> int main()
>> {
>>    H0(DDD);
>>    H1(DDD);
>> }
>>
>> DDD correctly simulated by H1 halts.
>> DDD correctly simulated by H0 never halts.
>>

> And thus you prove that your criteria, "Correctly simulated by the
> decider" is NOT a valid property of the input, because there is not a
> mapping of (input) -> (output), but only a mapping of:
>
> (input, decider) -> (output)
>
> Thus, it is not a property of the input alone.
>
> So, NOT a valid property to be a replacement for Halting.
>
> Note, the problem is you are creating a SUBJECTIVE property when you
> need an OBJECTIVE property. The fact we need to know who is being asked
> to know what the right answer is makes the property subjective, and thus
> not the sort of thing that the logical system talks about.

It is a verified fact that the behavior that finite string DDD presents
to HH0 is that when DDD correctly simulated by HH0 calls HH0(DDD) that
this call DOES NOT RETURN.

It is a verified fact that the behavior that finite string DDD presents
to HH1 is that when DDD correctly simulated by HH0 calls HH1(DDD) that
this call DOES RETURN.

I don't get why people here insist on lying about verified facts.