Article <v5729i$3rt4r$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5729i$3rt4r$1@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Visit to Kraynick's
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 13:40:01 -0400

In Pittsburgh, Kraynick's bike shop has been a beloved institution for
70+ years. The place is famous for helping customers work on their own
bikes, plus for having almost any conceivable component lying around
somewhere. When I arrived, two guys were on the front sidewalk with
quite nice bikes - one a fixie - mounted in the shop's loaner workstands.

The shop is crammed into a narrow three or four story building. There
are hundreds of bikes and millions of parts in heavy disarray. Bikes and
components range from 1950s kids' bikes to some pretty high end, if not
bleeding edge, items. Note the Kestrel and Pinarello in this photo:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16972296@N08/53808893835/in/dateposted-public/

Everything is piled, scattered and at best loosely "organized." It's an
adventure - as in, will I be injured? - climbing cluttered and unguarded
stairs to the upper floors where the "good stuff" lurks, buried among
much other stuff:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16972296@N08/53808662458/in/dateposted-public/

Anyone interested in a classic Campy took kit, 99% complete? It's for sale:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16972296@N08/53808662788/in/dateposted-public/

--
- Frank Krygowski